Author Topic: Update information  (Read 3288 times)

galen

Update information
« on: November 20, 2004, 12:51:19 PM »
Is there any way we could get up to date information on new updates automatically? The revision history shown on the website when you click 4.5.523 still only goes up to 4.5.518, the official release.  iNews is still only up to the last 4.1 version, so I cannot find out what has been changed in the new version.

Neron

Re:Update information
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 03:34:51 PM »
Yes,i want to know too! ???

Beaky

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 03:57:32 PM »
Hi Galen,

You are right the update info is not on the Web page .....  the only thing I could find was this post by Vlk http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=8712;start=msg71636#msg71636

Hope this helps!  :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 10:24:53 PM »
Is there any way we could get up to date information on new updates automatically?

In fact you can get the update itself and not only the information about it...
Did you set avast to update automatically? Both program and virus database?

Anyway, you're right, sometimes the web page takes too long to be updated and, worse, the iNews are very rare nowadays  :P
The best things in life are free.

galen

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 11:02:47 AM »
Yes, I get all the updates automatically - and that's the important thing, of course. However, it would be nice to know what has changed in case anything needed resetting. For example, had the program been changed to work correctly with PKZIP, I would need to know so that I can replace my workaround with the correct settings. If I knew that iNews was updated along with each new download, I would be able to quickly tell what had been done.  Alternatively, a sticky message in a forum called "updates only" would help, or a quick update of the web site - but it would save time and effort if the changes list arrived with the update itself.

I hesitate to suggest it, in a way, because the team do such a good job, so I don't like to be critical - but it would be good PR for Avast in this case and hence very much in their own interests.