Author Topic: AIS won't delete a virus after 3 tries.It says rootkit sfloppy.sys .Anyone know?  (Read 3018 times)

friendlee_71

Hello everyone, I have Avast Internet Security Suite & it is showing: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sfloppy.sys as a virus-a rootkit system modification.I have tried to get it to delete it and reboot my system,WINDOWS XP HOME, 3 times but it keeps popping back up.Does anyone know about this? Should I just leave it alone or is it a serious problem in the long run? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated. :-\. My e-mail is cutehomeman@gmail.com.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:43:51 AM by friendlee_71 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
It was a false positive that was fixed with latest update...run manual update

you can read all about it in the virus and worms section   ;)

friendlee_71

Thank you very much Pondus. I beleive that did it! :)

Offline MayuraDeSilva

Thanks for info. I just got that rootkit notification.

Cheers...

iyogisolutions1

Please update the Virus definitons  to VPS 111207-0

Offline jason7619

Hey, I got that one the other day. It was annoying I placed it in the Virus Chest. I ran GMER nothing. MBAM HitmanPro, PrevxSOL, Avira, KAV said it's clean. Check it also via VT, Jotti and OPSWAT --clean also. So I disregarded it (Ignore). Earlier it did that again while updating. I thought it was only me. A friend who also had it sent it to Avast.

Good thing it's been sorted out.   ;D
Avast IS 19.8  /  Malwarebytes Premium / Windows 10 x64 Build 1903 / AMD A10 Processor desktop with R9 Graphics 32GB Ram.