Author Topic: Rooting the device  (Read 6925 times)

jithinbest

Rooting the device
« on: December 07, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
installed mobile security today.it has everything.Webshield,task manager,antitheft mechanism.I loved it really.

But to use the firewall option ,we have to root the device.;
will it cause any problem to my device.I am using HTC DESIRE HD.
2.3.3 android version

Cooper 2.0

Re: Rooting the device
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »
rooting should not cause any "problems" but you should do some reading work before. And be aware of the fact that your warranty will be lost.

cooby

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:18:42 AM »
rooting should not cause any "problems" but you should do some reading work before. And be aware of the fact that your warranty will be lost.
Not if there is a corresponding unroot or return to stock method provided.

Zocor

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:52:50 PM »
Have a look at http://forum.xda-developers.com/ find your model section and read all about rooting and unrooting, what it does an how to do it.

helpdeskneko

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 06:48:56 PM »
On most devices the process to obtain -Root- alone is very simple.

Doing so will not void your warranty in most cases - It's a software setting, go through the Uninstall avast! steps, do a factory data reset, and root is gone anyhow.

1. Flashing a Custom ROM image with Root enabled WILL void your warranty.  :'(

2. Using newer "One Click" Root methods it is possible to Root your phone, and install avast! with the settings working perfectly. (In most cases  ::)) These same programs have the ability to remove all Root settings on the device- returning it to stock.(Do Uninstall avast! First though, without root it will not be fully functional)   ;D

3. Some phones actually prevent you from Keeping Root, and it will be lost on the next reboot of the phone.  In these cases Flashing a Custom ROM image may be your only option. This is when to start questioning the warranty.  :P

This is just advice, I won't claim them as facts - but in the case of sending your device in for warranty, you've either shattered it and have insurance - or they've found a device defect that they recall them for anyhow. Many new devices have a means of telling if the factory image was changed - this is the ROM, avoid flashing the ROM unless you have a copy of the stock image and are willing to take all the steps to get back. This will always void your warranty.