Author Topic: beta feedback  (Read 3744 times)

MikeRD03

beta feedback
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:53:30 PM »
hello avast team,

I´am coming from the Theft Aware app to you since the TA was joined with the mobile avast scanner. I updated my TA (last beta) to Mobile Security beta smoothly on my HTC Desire Z using the ROM Manager.  After some tests I found some issues I like to point out:

First of all it is annoying to have the "a" logo on my notifications all the time - please give us on option to turn this off.
Second I found a beta flaw when turning off the password protection in the  Mobile Security. When turned on back again - the app do not ask for the password until I restart the device -> bug.
Trying to go to the integrated TA app the password is asked - regardless if turned on or off (And I think this is good this way since the TA needs more security).

And last but not least I like to discuss the integration of Theft Aware itself into the avast mobile security app. One of the major advantages of TA(theft aware) was or is its stealth modus. This even helped me personally to find and locate a stolen mobile of my own (My last Desire Z).
With the integration into mobile security this "stealth" is almost useless since everybody of concern will know that your mobile security is featuring an anti theft app. A thief who sees the avast software will look for the anti theft app, too, of course. So a stealth mode is almost useless. Is there the possibility to uninstall the avast anti virus part without touching the TA part, so there is no app icon anymore?

bye,
 Mike
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:55:11 PM by MikeRD03 »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
Re: beta feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
Hi MikeRD03.

First of all it is annoying to have the "a" logo on my notifications all the time - please give us on option to turn this off.

You will be able to turn off the notification icon in the next beta refresh.

And last but not least I like to discuss the integration of Theft Aware itself into the avast mobile security app. One of the major advantages of TA(theft aware) was or is its stealth modus. This even helped me personally to find and locate a stolen mobile of my own (My last Desire Z).
With the integration into mobile security this "stealth" is almost useless since everybody of concern will know that your mobile security is featuring an anti theft app. A thief who sees the avast software will look for the anti theft app, too, of course. So a stealth mode is almost useless. Is there the possibility to uninstall the avast anti virus part without touching the TA part, so there is no app icon anymore?

If you don't want the mobile security, just uninstall it, the anti-theft part will remain untouched.

Filip

MikeRD03

Re: beta feedback
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »
Hi Filip,

You will be able to turn off the notification icon in the next beta refresh.

Think this will be a good option. ;-)

If you don't want the mobile security, just uninstall it, the anti-theft part will remain untouched.
perfect, this works for me. No offend - the new avast software looks realy fine, but undermines the security concept in my eyes ;-)

I hope the beta internet control of TA will be online, soon!

bye,
 Mike