Author Topic: Notice of a fail positive  (Read 5629 times)

justforlove

Notice of a fail positive
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »
Hi,

I have installed Avast Mobile Security beta into the Samsung I5503 of my 11 year-old-son and it seems to work well. However, during the scan, Avast reported that it detected a malware in the phone. Actually, it is the app called "Secret SMS Replicator" that I have installed in my son's phone for monitoring purpose (here is the information of the app: http://www.smsreplicator.com/)...

Therefore, I would like to report to you this issue and hope to be solve soon. BTW, I suggest that, the Avast Mobile Security should have an option of "skip" so that we can decide whether to remove what it detects or not.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks and regards,

Tommy Lee

(Email: justforlove78@gmail.com)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Notice of a fail positive
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:07:47 AM »
Hi Tommy,

could you try to run the scan again with the newest version of both the application and the virus database?

Thanks.

Filip Havlicek

justforlove

Re: Notice of a fail positive
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 05:51:20 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your response...

I have updated both the database and the app version, however, the issue is still not solved...  >:(Secret SMS Replicator is the app that I bought for monitoring my son and keeping him safe since both me and my wife are so busy working and we can only meet my son at the end of the day; therefore, it is intentionally installed by myself and not be considered as malware.

In this updated version of Avast Mobile Security, I can see in the  Selection action a new option call More Info. That's good but not enough. What I would like to suggest is to create an option of "Skip" that help users to decide whether to remove the app or not because of any fail positive result.

Thanks again for your prompt support.

Best regards,

Tommy