Author Topic: How to uninstall avast! Mobile Security Beta  (Read 9391 times)

erisguttman

How to uninstall avast! Mobile Security Beta
« on: December 14, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »
Android only uninstalls the main component, but not the anti theft component.

Now I have the anti theft component icon in my application list and cannot uninstall it.

How can I remove the remaining anti theft component?????

helpdeskneko

Re: How to uninstall avast! Mobile Security Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
I would suggest going ahead and installing avast! again (yeah i know...heh) - you have to remove the device administrator before uninstalling.. Go into your phones settings and then Location and security, select device administrators, from there you should see the list of device administrators like email and such, avast! has the option during install to rename this administrator to anything you want. Uncheck the box next to this administrator and it'll pop up the option to deactivate the account. After doing that go ahead and try to uninstall again and see if that doesn't fix it for ya.  :D

helpdeskneko

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:38:06 PM »
Sorry, to clarify- Uninstall the anti-theft portion first, and then uninstall avast!  :)

erisguttman

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:04 PM »
I would suggest going ahead and installing avast! again (yeah i know...heh) - you have to remove the device administrator before uninstalling..
Removing the device administrator was the trick, thanks! :-)

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Good news: in the next official update Mobile Security will contain an uninstall wizard for Anti-Theft which is also able to uninstall rooted installations (of course password protected).

reinhardholzner

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 02:52:11 PM »
FYI: its already available :-)