Author Topic: Avast Free - Registered, but never erceived email with license  (Read 9723 times)

hrova

Re: Avast Free - Registered, but never erceived email with license
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »
The sending of the free email license works fine.....

i dont know what you's are doing wrong.

I am happy it worked for you, but just because something works for you does not mean it works for everyone.

Between the actual issue and the negative attitude of these forums, it certainly puts avast in a much less positive light than I viewed them for the past six years.

Blaming the user for this issue is rude... The form is simple, so to imply we cannot fill it out correctly is uncalled for.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 06:58:01 PM »
Your looking to deep into the phrase i used ( i dont know what you's are doing wrong ) nothing insulting was implied.

As for and negative atitude you may have recieved iv not noticed any, everyone here has tried to help you but as you wont even try and register your program the simplest way through the UI rather than dragging your issue out for two days because the email process doesn't work for you, it could just be a server problem  ??? if all else fails for you then follow Tech's advice on doing a clean install.

hrova

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »
My original question was specifically about getting the license emailed to me. I know there are options that do not require that. Telling me there are different options was not answering my question.

Regardless, about 30 minutes after my last post, an email came with my registration information, so it is safe to say I was doing nothing wrong.

Still, the lack of people actually reading and understanding my question before replying was disappointing. The delayed license with no help or explanation even attempted from avast certainly has made me consider leaving avast for MSE, which by most accounts is equal protection with fewer headaches.

Sad to see what avast is becoming....

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »
You recieved plenty help but as we are only user's like yourself we can only try suggestions to get you by, like mentioned earlyer it could have been a server problem or it just took a long time to process your email as i believe it states up to 24 hours to recieve, Glad you finally got your email in the end  :)

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »
You recieved plenty help but as we are only user's like yourself we can only try suggestions to get you by, like mentioned earlyer it could have been a server problem or it just took a long time to process your email as i believe it states up to 24 hours to recieve, Glad you finally got your email in the end  :)
+1 :)
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

ady4um

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
Regardless, about 30 minutes after my last post, an email came with my registration information, so it is safe to say I was doing nothing wrong.

As craigb said, you are misunderstanding the original phrase. Noone was accusing you of anything.

Still, the lack of people actually reading and understanding my question before replying was disappointing.

You are joking. Good one :D.

The delayed license with no help or explanation even attempted from avast certainly has made me consider leaving avast for MSE, which by most accounts is equal protection with fewer headaches.

Sad to see what avast is becoming....

That's up to you. We are simple users. There is no point for us to give you bad advice. There are so many of us that, if an inaccurate advice or suggestion were to be posted, you would see many others adding and correcting it.

Good luck with your renewed avast, or whatever else you choose to use. And if you have more questions, don't hesitate to open a new topic, as you will certainly receive help whenever forum members can.