Author Topic: Mobile security installed - couple issues occur/couple questions arise  (Read 4337 times)

coderini

Hi Avast! Team,

I've installed your latest version of Mobile security app, so let me share with you my findings.
 First of all, let me say that idea of the features is great ..BUT.

(my device is rooted HTC Desire, ROM:Oxygen 2.3.2 (Android 2.3.7))

Issues:
  - When I have sent the SMS command to the phone .. I WAS ABLE TO SEE the SMS in the inbox of default app as well as third party SMS app (GO SMS). I  suppose that the idea is to have this SMS commands invisible in the inbox of SMS apps, right?

Questions/Comments:
 - What about to publish list of all supported devices (with Android version) or add info which feature is supported by which Android version. e.g. Remote features - Android 2.1+ .. .etc
   I know that you have some info in KX Base, but seems it doesn't apply for all features (e.g. ANY phone with 2.1+ is supported....I'm the evidence :))
 - When do you plan to start web-based interface (mentioned in KX)?
 - What about to share the list of known issues for some devices
 - Maybe would be great to share some video tutorial how to set it up correctly and showing how it works.

Thanks for your feedback and keep going!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:00:59 PM by coderini »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Mobile security installed - couple issues occur/couple questions arise
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 11:06:45 AM »
Hi,

the issue should be posted in the anti-theft section of the forum, but what I would first do is to disable (probably delete) the 3rd party SMS application, they are known to interfere with the SMS commands.

1) I don't think that kind of list is possible to do, there are approximately 900 different Android devices, I would suspect that average number of OS versions (non-rooted) for every device is around 3 so that means 2700 different combinations, I would multiply that by 2-3 considering the custom ROMs... :)
2) Can't disclose anything specific by myself, but try to check recent avast! blog posts :)
3) There are no known issues! :D Just kidding, but we are trying to solve all the problems that come so that kind of list would have to change pretty often and would most probably result in a mess. If there are known issues that can't be solved, I'm pretty sure they will appear in the knowledge base.
4) We might do something like that in the future.

Filip

coderini

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
Hi Filip,

Thanks. I reinstalled the app and seems taht now SMS commands are working .. at least LOCATE and CALL (i tried just these two only so far).

Regarding SMS receiving, I can see the incoming SMS (SMS Command) in inbox also in default SMS app.
 Just confirm that it should not be visible..:)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:37:44 AM »
Yes, it should not. I suspect the custom ROM not behaving as expected. If you want to help us solve this, post the issue in the anti-theft section. Thanks :)

Filip

coderini

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »
Hi Filip,
 I removed GO SMS and now it's working as expected, COOL!  :)
 Thanks

P.S. vsetko dobre v novom roku  ;D

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
Thought you did that already! ;)

PS: Vam take :)