Author Topic: Angry Birds app and Firewall  (Read 3650 times)

blue_fyre

Angry Birds app and Firewall
« on: January 04, 2012, 03:13:39 AM »
 I have a question(s) here. On my Android phone installed is Angry Birds. It displays in game adverts.

1. Will the in game adverts cost me money since they are downloaded from the internet when not connected to wifi?

2. If I turn off the "Data Network" option on my phone, then that turns off the internet access (excluding wifi) on the phone right?

3. If I turn off the "Data Network" option, not connected on wifi, and still receive in game adverts, will that cost me $$ albeit a tiny amount? If this is so, will avast's Firewall block this?

svehlak

Re: Angry Birds app and Firewall
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »
Hi,

ad 1. yes, they will, Angry Birds contains only XML file with links which are called and the content is downloaded from internet (adverts)

ad 2. do not know what "data network" is, but if you mean data enabled for mobile site then yes, turning it off will cause no access by mobile site to internet

ad 3. this should not be possible, may be the content is in application data cache; just try to tap on it - if it will takes to browser and content will be read, you did not turn off every possibilities

And yes, if you will block all three possibilities in our Firewall, Angry Birds will not annoying you with adverts :-)