Author Topic: Automatic. Delete Mails?  (Read 12825 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Automatic. Delete Mails?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 09:18:07 PM »
When using outlook 2002, you have to enable silent mode in the Outlook/Exchange provider. Have you done that or only in the Internet mail provider?

Carlotta

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 09:26:25 PM »
When using outlook 2002, you have to enable silent mode in the Outlook/Exchange provider. Have you done that or only in the Internet mail provider?
Hi Eddy,

I`ve done that in both, in outlook/exchange and in Internet mail.

Ciao, Carla

bmy

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 10:01:10 PM »
I had the same problem as Carlotta, using Win XP Pro and Outlook Express. After installing 4.5.529 it looks like the problem has disappeared. :)

Uneducated guess on which settings could be involved (at least these are settings I've checked:
Outlook/Exchange - Inbound mail - Discard it unconditionally
Outlook/Exchange - Advanced - Silent mode
Outlook/Exchange - Heuristics - Silent mode

Carlotta

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 07:58:47 PM »
I had the same problem as Carlotta, using Win XP Pro and Outlook Express. After installing 4.5.529 it looks like the problem has disappeared. :)

Uneducated guess on which settings could be involved (at least these are settings I've checked:
I use outlook 2002 (xp), not OL Express. But I don`t think, that`s the reason of  the problem. I have the same settings as you. In Heuristics you can set "silent mode" and 3 other points. Which of these further points did you set?

Ciao, Carla

bmy

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 01:03:19 AM »

I use outlook 2002 (xp), not OL Express. But I don`t think, that`s the reason of  the problem. I have the same settings as you. In Heuristics you can set "silent mode" and 3 other points. Which of these further points did you set?

Ciao, Carla

Mark it in subject field

EP

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2004, 10:06:35 PM »
Thank you. Now I won't have a pop-up screen anymore and sound and to delete the mail who is suspicious or infected.
Just I still can't find how Outlook then delete these mails automaticcly.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2004, 10:10:48 PM »
Outlook doesn't do that. It is the Outlook/Exchange provider in Avast that takes care of it.

Avast "reads" the mail, and only if Avast "aproves" it, it will hand it to Outlook.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 10:11:28 PM by Eddy »

bmy

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 11:10:49 PM »
Any news? Is the new beta-version adaptive to the home-edition an ist the "silent mode" for the outlook/exchange-plugin available?

Yes it is...
Try to download the build 4.5.529. More informations here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9007  ;)

I didn't read to carefully what the installation screens said, but it looks like this was the professional version, not the free one (which I assumed and inteded to use). Now updates won't work, since I don't have a license for the pro version... :-\

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 11:19:45 PM »
If you have the Pro version installed without a license, it will function as a 60 day trial without limitations. If you enter the key for the Home version in it, Avast will "convert" itself back from the Pro to the Home version.

EP

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2004, 09:37:40 AM »
And how to do that?
I already have made the  settings in Avast-Outlook/Exchange at -incoming posts- delete (onvoorwaardelijk-(in Dutch).And in Heuristic: silent mode-mark in subject. Do I need to change this in refuse entrance?

Outlook doesn't do that. It is the Outlook/Exchange provider in Avast that takes care of it.

Avast "reads" the mail, and only if Avast "aproves" it, it will hand it to Outlook.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2004, 09:48:45 AM »
Kijk gewoon even in de help, daar wordt alles uitgelegd. Kan je het ook op je gemak lezen.

EP

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2004, 09:55:29 AM »
Dat heb ik gedaan en hiervan geen antwoord op gevonden.