Author Topic: 2 hard drives  (Read 3529 times)

morlo

2 hard drives
« on: November 26, 2004, 07:43:49 AM »
hello.i have 2 hard drives and avast 4.5 .does it protect both hard drives?because avast alerted me of three things that were infected upon scanning on the secondery hard drive.the c drive was not affected .the second hard drive i use to duplicate the c  just in case.thank you in advance 8)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:2 hard drives
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 08:24:55 AM »
Even if you would manage to get 100 drives in one system, Avast still will be able to protect you.

farfouille

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 08:36:47 AM »
Hello morlo

Welcome to the forum.

The standard shield of avast (the real time protection)  watches the files on both disks.

If  malwares were found on the second disk with an explicit scan, it maybe because the virus definition wasn't aware of these malwares when the infected files came in.
Or the settings of the standard shield are weaker than those of the explicit scan.

Farfouille

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 12:25:58 PM »
The second hard drive i use to duplicate the c  just in case.thank you in advance 8)

You're protected as the others say.
But, note that in some systems, the avast copy in the second hard disk could not run, I mean, if you 'start' to use he second drive as it was the first one, you may be probably need to unistall avast and install it again.  ;)
The best things in life are free.