Author Topic: Errors.  (Read 2517 times)

Ted.

Errors.
« on: January 12, 2012, 06:29:36 AM »
Hi, All,

Can anyone tell me how to correct the two Errors listed on the following Bootscan I did today.

01/12/2012 15:39
Scan of all local drives

File C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools\NET Framework Help\Tools\advisorinstaller.exe|>Wise0130.bin Error 42145 {Installer archive is corrupted.}
File C:\Documents and Settings\Ted\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com\SUPERAntiSpyware\Quarantine\quarantine.db|>data Error 42125 {ZIP archive is corrupted.}
Number of searched folders: 13708
Number of tested files: 588814

Many Thanks,

Ted.
------------
Number of infected files: 0

ady4um

Re: Errors.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:16:53 AM »
About the first one, I'm not sure if "corrupted" in this context means that the file itself is corrupted, or the filesystem needs to be repaired.

I would run scandisk just to be sure (so to repair any potential filesystem issues) and then re-download those specific installers and run them again (from NET Framework).

About the second one, it's something inside the quarantine of SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS), so I don't know if the supposed "zip" is really corrupted or is something about SAS. You should search for an answer in their support (or wait for someone with more experience with SAS to post here).

Ted.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:11:21 AM »
Hi, ady4um,
Thank you for your reply.

Just got this reply from the SAS forum: The SUPERAntiSpyware error just means that Avast can't scan the SUPERAntiSpyware quarantine location which is normal.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:20:54 AM »
Just got this reply from the SAS forum: The SUPERAntiSpyware error just means that Avast can't scan the SUPERAntiSpyware quarantine location which is normal.

Seems, they're not really smart there, or you misinterpreted the answer, or you asked them a wrong question... Anyway the answer is wrong, or does SAS produce corrupted archives per default...?? ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Ted.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:49:31 AM »
Hi there, Asyn,

I sent the above question and Avast report to the SAS forum and posted the same answer I received from them. Can you please tell me how to correct those errors?

Cheers,
Ted.
----------