Author Topic: Can't install BPP server client  (Read 4021 times)

2000cs

Can't install BPP server client
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:09 AM »
          I replaced Avast 4.8 and its ADNM with Business Protection Plus on an SBS 2003 network. The console won't run on the server, but complaining about that is just a waste of time, so I ran it off a workstation instead. I was able to deploy the anvtivirus client to all the workstations, but it will not deploy to the server itself, giving an error of (5), which I understand to be "access denied." I am using a domain administrator account, the same one I used to deploy to the workstations. It is not a firewall problem, as Windows Firewall is not running on the server and no other firewall is now or ever was running there. The error message suggests looking at the logs on the server, but I see no such logs anywhere on the server. Why is this not working? And why can't the error message explain exactly what file, folder, or registry key caused the access denied error so that I could inspect it for oddball problems, such as no permissions at all?

dbeatson

Re: Can't install BPP server client
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 04:12:39 AM »
I am having the same problem, I installed the Admin Console on the server, which is Windows Standard 2008 and I cannot deploy the client on the server also receiving error 5 and cannot find any other information in the logs.

Anyone have any ideas?

wpn

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
in my test environment i was not able to deploy the AV client to the server running the SBC either, same error. All settings are correct.

A manual installation of the client, however, did work good.

naviathan

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »
Has anyone figured this out yet?  I have an SBSe 2011 setup doing the same thing.