Author Topic: Upgrade or not plz help  (Read 5282 times)

ady4um

Re: Upgrade or not plz help
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 07:55:11 PM »
The only reason I see to keep using v4.8 would be the version of Windows: if you use Windows 95 / 98 / ME, then avast 5 / 6 / 7 (near future) is not for that system. Otherwise, avast 6 uses less resources and in several ways it has better protection than v4.8.

Punterzebra

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »
I still have a collection of old abast 4.x images and I can find nothing related to VPS rollback. The VRDB (Virus Recovery DataBase) has nothing to do with VPS roll back, it allowed for the 'repair' of certain files if they became infected. Not all files were covered and the user couldn't select what file should be covered.
Ah, thats what it was, yes.  I only used ver4 once for a couple months, so memory was sketchy.

Very sketchy, since the two have nothing in common other than the letter "V". :-[

Thanks for clarifying. ;)
Yes thank you for that my mind is old and frail kept forgetting the name and didnt get up to check it in the old computer thanks again.

...I wouldnt mind more indepth discussion lol.

Please use the forum's search function, as you are many months late for this discussion. ;)
year.....long time since avast 5
Considering avast! 7 beta should be out shortly, the discussion is mute.  :o
Considering avast! 7 beta should be out shortly, the discussion is mute.  :o

Good point, Bob.

I am sorry to not have done that in the first place and by not doing so i have wasted the communities time my apologies to all the good people who have put time and contributed despite it being a waste of a topic and time. Again sorry and thank you for your contributions ill try to post better topics in the future  ;D

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »
No problem.

A question to confirm is never a waste of time.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security