Author Topic: Update-Surely daft to have the avast icon in the notification bar  (Read 4349 times)

top_banana123

OK sussed out how to turn off icon but it tells me that I won't be protected as well. What doesn't avast do if I don't have the icon?

The first thing thief will do is remove the battery, thus rendering avast useless. Then when they get time they will look up how to remove avast. When they see it's tricky they'll just do a hard reset and hey presto they are in the clear (most of us have not got rooted phones). Can we remove the icon. may buy some time for us to use avast before they notice it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:05:42 PM by top_banana123 »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Surely daft to have the avast icon in the notification bar
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
Just disable it in the Settings if you want.

Filip

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Update-Surely daft to have the avast icon in the notification bar
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
It does everything Anti-Theft related, this warning affects Mobile Security only.

Filip

top_banana123

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
OK so what do I not get from mobile security, will it still scan for Virus' and PUP's (by the way AVAST appears as a PUP and the only way to remove the alert seems to be to uninstall the app AVAST!, think there needs to be a ignore/white list option.)?

I have reported AVAST as a false positive already.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:57:02 PM »
It will scan no problem. The PUP warning will be fixed in the next definitions update (coming really soon). It will do everything it is doing with the notification icon, the icon just helps in cases there is not enough memory on your device due to Android OS memory management.

Filip

EDIT: If you don't want to wait till the automatic update kicks in, you can manually update the virus definitions already.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:01:06 PM by Filip Havlicek »

top_banana123

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
 ;D Thanks. Sorted.