Author Topic: The General Rules  (Read 6565 times)

Nikita

The General Rules
« on: August 21, 2003, 03:19:40 PM »
 :-[  I'm not sure I know why I'm even here as I didn't get past understanding "The General Rules"

General Rules for using public ALWIL Software forum.

Never turn ON any auto responder for account subscribed to ALWIL Software Forum. Whenever you need using auto responder, please use different e-mail account for ALWIL Software Forum without auto responders. Main reason is that some auto respond invoking another auto respond and that is never ending job.

Don't use "clever" antispam system (with auto respond like send message again and we put you between nospam and so on) or put domain @asw.cz to no spam.
What is an auto responder??  And the second paragraph I can't even begin to decipher.   ::)

Waldo

Re:The General Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 03:41:58 PM »
Well, in generaly it means you cannot use software that automaticly sends a message when a message (mail) is send to it. Otherwise it's a never ending loop.

Like if somebody answers your thread in this forum, you can select to be informed with a mail messaging system. But when you have auto respond, it will overload the mailservers etc..

Also you can't spam the forums (automaticly or manualy) with content not needed in this place.

I guess you don't do any of these actions...and i guess you are the first person that REALLY reads the "general terms" when login in. :)

Don't worry to much about these terms.

Btw : Welcome to the AVAST forums, please feel home.

Waldo
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 03:43:57 PM by Waldo »

Nikita

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 03:55:08 PM »
I didn't know there exists software that sends a message when your 'puter has received mail.  What purpose does this serve?  (Besides to annoy?)

By-The-Way :  I never did figure out the definition of SPAM.  What do those letters stand for ?

Thanks for the welcome Waldo, but you may not be saying that after I've pestered the bejeezers out of you'se.  ::)

Waldo

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 04:04:03 PM »
well, answering these questions will be for this evening late when i find some free time at home...As i'm going home now (work day is finished)  ;D

I'm sure that in the meanwile some other friendly member will come along to help you further.

Kind regards,

Waldo

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 04:37:03 PM »
Well, this General Rules are basically not for the forum but for our mailing lists - see: http://www.avast.com/i_kat_64.html

We are received hundreths of messages about undeliverable mails every time we use them  :(. It was posted to the forum link page by mistake and should be corrected by now!

Pavel

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 04:05:04 AM »
Nikita, try to be a little more familiar to the computer...
It´s not being easy to help you but continue trying. Your other posts shows that you are a little bit confused with the computer language...
The best things in life are free.

Nikita

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 05:38:23 AM »
So much has changed since good ol' DOS and that first laughable version of Windows (3.1)

Computers intrigue me, yet make me so <grrrrr>.  I want to know everything all at once yet I know it ain't never gonna happen.  

It doesn't help all this security stuff is totally foreign to me.

If I say anything blatantly silly please feel free to send me a private message.

Sometimes it's difficult to articulate my thoughts into the keyboard when half the time I'm "nursing at the keyboard" (nak).

Nikita

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 02:20:24 PM »
I'm a whole lot calmer since some of my more pressing computer problems have been solved.   :)

When I first arrived my brain was already hurting from thinking too hard.  

Sometimes I really do hate computers.  ;)