Author Topic: Phone Always Marked "Lost/Stolen" With Siren Upon Boot  (Read 6537 times)

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
Phone Always Marked "Lost/Stolen" With Siren Upon Boot
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
Hey there guys. Loving the app, and it's been awhile since I've made a post on the Avast! Forums, but I've been proudly using the Home Edition on every computer I own for quite some time. I recently obtained a Samsung Admire as my first smartphone, so I was more than excited when I heard about Avast for Android. I'm currently using version 2.3, (Gingerbread).

Anyway, on to my point here...when I installed the full Avast! Mobile Security Suite, I also chose to install Avast's Anti-Theft portion of the app as well. So far everything works great!...maybe a little too great...

I noticed a small issue which is only noticeable if I turn my phone off, and then back on again. For some reason, which appears to be completely unknown to me given the options the Anti-Theft section offers, every time the phone boots back up, the Anti-Theft activates the Siren and begins stating that the phone is "Lost/Stolen" when it is not.

Currently the phone is a MetroPCS-network phone, and this network doesn't use SIM cards, although I have the option of "the SIM card being changed or phone marked as lost" to lock the phone for obvious reasons, but there is no way to differentiate between the two in the settings. My best guess is this causes a problem with phones under which SIM cards are not used. Is there any fix or work-around so that my phone doesn't mark itself lost or stolen and sound the siren every time I reboot it without removing the settings which Anti-Theft implemented to protect it in the first place? I'd assume that the Devs would simply just need to add an auto-detection or check-box option to disable the checking of SIM cards, especially if the phone doesn't use them. ;)

Any help would be more than appreciated. Although it is a very annoying bug, it is also a very minor one as smartphones obviously aren't meant to be turned off and on often, but it would be great to fix nonetheless.

Much love to anyone who can get this fixed!

-SugarD
~SugarD-x~

reinhardholzner

Re: Phone Always Marked "Lost/Stolen" With Siren Upon Boot
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »
please drop me an email to holzner (at) avast.com we can check it together.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:59:27 AM »
Email sent as per your request! :)
~SugarD-x~

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 04:57:58 AM »
*Bump!*

Fixed as of the latest update that I got today! Thanks guys! You rock! :D
~SugarD-x~

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »
No, thank YOU! My phone runs incredibly fast now, compared to before, too! Nice work!
~SugarD-x~

eman01

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »
Okay, guys, I know this was a few months ago but could one of you perhaps share how this was solved. Happy you got your problem fixed SugarD-x. However I have the exact same problem on my Razr Maxx HD (siren upon reboot) and your little private exchange unfortunately is not very helpful.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:24:20 AM »
Okay, guys, I know this was a few months ago but could one of you perhaps share how this was solved. Happy you got your problem fixed SugarD-x. However I have the exact same problem on my Razr Maxx HD (siren upon reboot) and your little private exchange unfortunately is not very helpful.
They released an update which fixed it. :)
~SugarD-x~

Freakstyler

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 04:03:30 PM »
I have the same problem, I have the Latest version of Avast for my phone, and the latest Avast! anti-theft. Every time i reboot my phone *HTC Droid DNA* it triggers a theft event. I tried clearing the Sim list and dialing my pin number, everything seems fine, but every time I reboot my phone, It reports it stolen, I haven't changed the Sim card.

One thing I can note though, After my phone boots up, it takes about ten to twenty seconds for the sim card to register onto the phone, Could that cause the problem? It not detecting a sim card at all? I then maybe have a Recommendation for an update that you change the sim card recognition delay? Because I feel safe enough that someone wont be able to steal any sensitive information in the first 30 seconds they start the phone.

Another connected problem that may be related. When I reboot my phone and it's triggered, or I sent the "lost" command to my phone , when I use my pin to unlock my phone, all of my Theft protections (Disallow access to settings, App manager,  Turn off USB Debugging, Ect.) All are still in effect until I connect to My.Avast.Com and send the "FOUND" code to my phone. The phone itself is unlocked but all the other features remain enabled.

nineoneo

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:53:14 PM »
I have the same problem, I have the Latest version of Avast for my phone, and the latest Avast! anti-theft. Every time i reboot my phone *HTC Droid DNA* it triggers a theft event. I tried clearing the Sim list and dialing my pin number, everything seems fine, but every time I reboot my phone, It reports it stolen, I haven't changed the Sim card.

One thing I can note though, After my phone boots up, it takes about ten to twenty seconds for the sim card to register onto the phone, Could that cause the problem? It not detecting a sim card at all? I then maybe have a Recommendation for an update that you change the sim card recognition delay? Because I feel safe enough that someone wont be able to steal any sensitive information in the first 30 seconds they start the phone.

Another connected problem that may be related. When I reboot my phone and it's triggered, or I sent the "lost" command to my phone , when I use my pin to unlock my phone, all of my Theft protections (Disallow access to settings, App manager,  Turn off USB Debugging, Ect.) All are still in effect until I connect to My.Avast.Com and send the "FOUND" code to my phone. The phone itself is unlocked but all the other features remain enabled.

I have same issue and same phone as user above ^^ only difference is If i enter my code fast enough I'm still able to access settings, app manager and such, but if I let it sit for a minute I can't.