Author Topic: Avast web rep  (Read 7557 times)

selen

Avast web rep
« on: February 21, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
Hi, since today avast web rep doesn't work on both google chrome and Firefox...it works only on I.E. Is it a general problem or a problem of mine?Someone can help me? I have avast 6.0.1367.
Thanks

akama1

Re: Avast web rep
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:21:29 PM »
it should not be a general problem on version 6.0.1367.... did you try repairing avast or restarting your computer?

selen

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »
it should not be a general problem on version 6.0.1367.... did you try repairing avast or restarting your computer?
yes I've  done both this thongs but nothing has changed...avast works only on internet explorer, this appends on all my 3 computers.

akama1

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »
hmmmm looks likea bug or so... try waiting for the next update :)

selen

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
Ok, I'll wait for the next update!

ady4um

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:03 PM »

Why? What brings you to that conclusion? Selen said it was working yesterday, using the same version of avast. So either some other update changed something (Windows Update, the web browsers were updated, some other software was installed, some configuration changed), or some engine update in avast would be the source of the problem.

@selen,

So, again, if it was working yesterday, what changed?

akama1

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
lol just wait and see... hmmmm it can't be the cause of an update or so probably something else... no diagnostic tools for avast right?

selen

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »

Why? What brings you to that conclusion? Selen said it was working yesterday, using the same version of avast. So either some other update changed something (Windows Update, the web browsers were updated, some other software was installed, some configuration changed), or some engine update in avast would be the source of the problem.

@selen,

So, again, if it was working yesterday, what changed?

Nothing has changed, I'm completely sure. I have started my computer and searching in internet I've noticed thata avast web rep icons are all grey on firefox and they are disappeared on chrome. On I all works fine. I have checked also my others 2 coputers to verify the situation and i have seen the same problem on them...I haven't installed anything new on my computers and the only audate was of avast

ady4um

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:26:14 PM »
Well, that “sounds” like some update in avast left all your 3 systems with the function working incorrectly.

But I'd think more reports of this same issue should be appearing too.

Is avast updating the definitions normally? If you reboot, is the problem still there?

archer1

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »
I have the same problem. Today WebRep stopped working in IE and Firefox. I updated Avast and restarted pc but no result!

selen

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »
Well, that “sounds” like some update in avast left all your 3 systems with the function working incorrectly.

But I'd think more reports of this same issue should be appearing too.

Is avast updating the definitions normally? If you reboot, is the problem still there?
Avast works fine and update the definitions normally. All works good except for webrep. On I.E it works, but not on the other browsers. I have rebooted my computer and nothing changed.

selen

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »
I have the same problem. Today WebRep stopped working in IE and Firefox. I updated Avast and restarted pc but no result!
my web rep works on IE, but not on firefox,like yours...

selen

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »
Also today avast web rep is not working...avast has updated tne new  virus dwfinitions: 120221-1 but nothing has changed from yesterday  :(

kinfolk66

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
WebRep not working here either today on IE9, Avast Internet Security Suite Beta 7.0.1401 !

kinfolk66

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
It just started working again here. Must have been a problem on Avast's end.