Author Topic: READ THIS if your frustrated about version 7 and thinking of jumping ship  (Read 2975 times)

claprood

That's where I was. After reading all the problems I was looking for a new AV..then I realized something very valuable about AVAST...This Forum!! When
I needed help, within minutes someone responded...I've spent days reading through the virus section, and it's unbelievable the number of hours people on this forum spend to get rid of someones virus...Truley incredible...So do you want to change to a new AV with crappy support, or ride out this bump in the road, and enjoy the peace of mind that if you ever do get infected, there are some very expert people here helping out...

PS there are lots of links to the old version 6 if you really can't get 7 to go... ;D

DarkRadience

Re: READ THIS if your frustrated about version 7 and thinking of jumping ship
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Ahh Avast 7 seem to be given some people a run or trouble, my self had clear sailing with over 30+ installations now on widely varying machines.  Also all are checking in with my Avast account as being 100% good :)

Offline Hopper15

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 11:21:37 PM »
OP couldn't agree more though I never considered leaving Avast.
Win 8.1 64 bit 16GB Avast Free/Malwarebytes Pro/CCleaner

Stompem

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:25:04 PM »
Now avast fails to initialise for several minutes then says I am not connected to any avast account then declares my login invalid! Getting worse every day since upgrade and I am worried

Paul Rodgers

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »
Now avast fails to initialise for several minutes then says I am not connected to any avast account then declares my login invalid! Getting worse every day since upgrade and I am worried

Read this and use the uninstall utility.

https://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1062#idt_02

Gooob

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »
Any problems with the final product itself on my end were alleviated by uninstalling 6, scrubbing remnants, installing 7, just as many wise forum veterans suggested.

I did have some bumps with the Webstore - that can happen and have no relation to the product.
I have made some hints (per Chrome enterprise), critiques,  and suggestions - all have been in the spirit of seeing Avast be improved.

I am a fan.
If install on remaining PC goes well next week, huge fan.

That said, I DO wish Avast picked a release date based on product and store readiness and not to meet an arbitrary anniversary date...