Author Topic: Upgrade to Avast4 from 32  (Read 5372 times)

bertb

Upgrade to Avast4 from 32
« on: August 22, 2003, 06:15:52 PM »
I've been using Avast32 now for many months with no problems and am very satisfied with it's technical operation.  My question is whether it is worth upgrading to Avast4 and if so do I have to uninstall the old version??
Also I have been finding numerous broken links on the home page drop down menu which is puzzling...Any problems there??
Thanks for any help..

BB   :-\

techie101

Re:Upgrade to Avast4 from 32
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 08:04:50 PM »
betb,

Normally, if you install Avast 4 over Avast 32, no problems are encountered.
Should you encounter any trouble during the install.....uninstall using the Add/Remove feature in Control Panel, and start over.

I am not aware of any broken links in the pulldowns.....
Could you give me the links for the ones that are not working for you?
This way, I can check them or turn the bug report in to the Avast Team.

Good luck :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 08:06:35 PM by techie101 »

bertb

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 08:30:36 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, techie 101.  I will try to upgrade to ver 4 later on..
By the way, those links are working ok now, was getting "page not found" messages earlier but must have been a temporary thing!!
Thanks again and will let you know if any problems come up..

BB :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 04:24:05 AM »
Hey bertb, see some foruns of avast32 here http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=3

If I know, mantra is a forum user that used avast32 for some (or long) time. I think he can help you... He knows a lot of avast...  :D
The best things in life are free.

bertb

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 06:10:25 PM »
Thanks for all the replies guys... I did try the install later on and after being asked to uninstall the old ver32, everything came up roses.  I like the autoupdate feature and it looks as stable as the old version...Let's keep our fingers crossed..
Thanks again
BB   ;D