Author Topic: Unable to scan  (Read 2953 times)

lava1

Unable to scan
« on: December 06, 2004, 03:43:32 PM »
Over the weekend I downloaded Netscape 7.2 and I did customize that it can over ride Communicator 4.79 after I installed it I did a virus which it showed no virus found. But before a window came up after it was done and show that some Program files in Java said (unable to Zip and files might be corrupted)  Ny friend who did it for me said when he seen it said not to worry about it that is just files that r compressed and aren't used.  So my Question is why dosen't Avast check those. and should I delte them or when it comes up again just close it after I check for virus.   I am up to date with all programs on Avast.  Plus I use windows 2000 professional with service pack 4.   Thanks for your help.  Plus iam a newbie I don't why it says I am Jr, member

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Unable to scan
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 03:54:33 PM »
some Program files in Java said (unable to Zip and files might be corrupted)...
So my Question is why dosen't Avast check those.

avast can't check corrupted files as it can't unpack them and check the files that were inside the archive. But, will another antivirus do it? I think not... Some of them could not say anything (avast reports it can't)  8)

Did you check avast to scan the content of the archive files?

Which is your Standard Shield sentivity? (High or Normal)
The best things in life are free.

lava1

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 09:14:38 PM »
1.  Yes it is on archives
2.   I have it on High to do a thorough scan

So my question is still should I delete it or just close it.  Technical when u do answer this back pls explain it that I will not make no mistakes.  Becuse Iam a older person and I don't know much about computers.

Plus just a little while ago your home page here was not there and it seem like it was a little slow in login and checking these to read on the form I quess u guys where experiencing that too.  Thanks again for your help.

lava1

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 10:25:09 PM »
Technical I thank u for your advise.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 10:32:52 PM »
So my question is still should I delete it or just close it.  Technical when u do answer this back pls explain it that I will not make no mistakes.  Becuse Iam a older person and I don't know much about computers.

You don't want to comitte a mistake... eh?
So, Send the file to Chest.
After this, ask in the forum if it is safe to delete it informing the name and the path (where it is located).
If you click delete, you won't be able to recover the file.
If you clikc ok, you will let the infected file in your system (although the virus will not be 'activated').
Did I make myself clear?

Plus just a little while ago your home page here was not there and it seem like it was a little slow in login and checking these to read on the form I quess u guys where experiencing that too.  Thanks again for your help.

I don't have a public webpage... Did you discover mine?  ;D ::)
Look, I'm just a user like you. When you say your page you must talk with them (Alwil team)...  ;)
The best things in life are free.