Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME....Problems with AVAST ANTIVIRUS FREE AND IYOGI.COM  (Read 7423 times)

tcgoodman

:'(Please help me. I was suckered into buying that 169.99 maintenance plan from Iyogi.com  Why? Because my AVAST ANTIVIRUS FREE VERSION froze out during an update on Friday February 24th.  I call support for help with this problem and got fast talked into buying the maintenance plan.
Since then I have had MORE AND MORE PROBLEMS because of the horrible tech support at Iyogi.com
Including:
Problems with
Internet Explorer
Yahoo function through Internet Explorer
I cannot use the Windows Media Player
Or Real Player
I cannot use Weather.com
THESE PEOPLE AT IYOGI.COM have made a mess of my computer.
I feel like a total fool for turning to them for help!
Please help me AVAST.....I need my computer back in one piece.  I use it for my livelihood.
Sincerely,
T.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: PLEASE HELP ME....Problems with AVAST ANTIVIRUS FREE AND IYOGI.COM
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »
I know little about iYogi but if you think you have been wronged, I would suggest you contact your credit card immediately.

If you didn't use a credit card - good luck.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:43:10 AM »
Adam Riley, riley (at) avast (dot) com Avast Third-party Support Manager, has requested info about iYogi, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, etc.), give the link to this topic.

-  Related if you want to contest the subscription charge if you aren't satisfied, if you used PayPal [url]https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/chargeback_guide[/url.

You can try calling iYogi and tell them you are not satisfied with the service or the charge and tell them you are going to file a PayPal chargeback. This is likely get them moving quick because the payment gateway they use is Paypal. If there are enough complaints, Paypal will put a stop on their transactions if they exceed the allowed threshold of chargebacks. Not only that I believe iYogi are meant to guarantee that if the customer isn't satisfied that they will refund, so worth a try.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Adam Riley

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience; I will start by saying that I am of course sorry it is not a good one.

If you could please make contact directly with me at: riley at avast dot com
I will personally work with you to ensure that this is resolved to your satisfaction.

Many thanks
Adam Riley

:'(Please help me. I was suckered into buying that 169.99 maintenance plan from Iyogi.com  Why? Because my AVAST ANTIVIRUS FREE VERSION froze out during an update on Friday February 24th.  I call support for help with this problem and got fast talked into buying the maintenance plan.
Since then I have had MORE AND MORE PROBLEMS because of the horrible tech support at Iyogi.com
Including:
Problems with
Internet Explorer
Yahoo function through Internet Explorer
I cannot use the Windows Media Player
Or Real Player
I cannot use Weather.com
THESE PEOPLE AT IYOGI.COM have made a mess of my computer.
I feel like a total fool for turning to them for help!
Please help me AVAST.....I need my computer back in one piece.  I use it for my livelihood.
Sincerely,
T.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »
Hi could you let me know exactly what problems you are experiencing and then run two scans for me please

run farbar service scanner

Tick "All" options.
Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Then

Download OTL  to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
consrv.dll
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
Userinit.exe
svchost.exe
/md5stop
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetBT /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetBIOS /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\U\*.* /s
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ComObjects\*.* /s
%Temp%\smtmp\1\*.*
%Temp%\smtmp\2\*.*
%Temp%\smtmp\3\*.*
%Temp%\smtmp\4\*.*
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Attach both logs

jaltons

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
Don't feel as though you are alone. I got harpooned by iYogi for $299.99. And after an argument over the length of the service agreement they attacked my computer with 9 separate webkits, trojans and PUPs. At the time of the attack I had not connected the dots and so called them again since I was already a customer and my desktop looked like a war zone. The first thing "Ali Khan" did was set a restore point! I thought it was queer but did not object because I was still thinking that I was dealing with a business. These people are gangsters. The genius then created a new user ID and fobbed me off to a woman who kept me waiting for an hour or so before proving that she did not know what she was doing.

It has taken me since 30 March to get things back close to normal.

R/S,

J

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 05:53:18 PM »
Well if you haven't already done so contact Adam Riley, details in my Reply #2 above.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Cassielee

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:10:04 AM »
 I pd. 169.00 also in Feb. , my avast free was not secure . I could not get it secure. I could not remove it and download it again. Called and i thought they would tell me what to do to get it secure.  Well they fixed it 169.00 later.

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »
@ Cassielee

Contact support(at)avast.com who handles situations like this with iYogi, who is no longer affiliated with Avast.

In the future, your best bet is to come to the forum for help.  We are quick to respond, free and here 24/7.

Edited: Correct email/contact for OP
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:33:52 AM by SafeSurf »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:48 AM »
@ Cassielee

Contact Adam Riley, riley(at)avast.com, Avast Third-party Support Manager who handles situations like this with iYogi.

In the future, your best bet is to come to the forum for help.  We are quick to respond, free and here 24/7.
iYogi support service removed
https://blog.avast.com/2012/03/15/iyogi-support-service-removed/

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/03/avast-antivirus-drops-iyogi-support/

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:31:06 AM by Pondus »

SafeSurf

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:35:51 AM »
Thank you Pondus.  I have edited my previous post for the OP.

Cassielee

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 07:13:06 AM »
 thanks all , iYogi support dock does not work when i click it on. I guess i spent the money for nothing.

SafeSurf

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »
You can still contact support(at)avast.com.  But in the future, come to the forum first for your issues.