Author Topic: Phone locks after reboot  (Read 10964 times)

Brian P

Phone locks after reboot
« on: March 06, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
I have just installed the Avast app on my android phone and set up much to my delight.  However, every time my phone is rebooted it locks the phone and sends the siren until I give it a password, then everything is okay.  Is there a way to stop it from doing this or why because it is quite annoying.

svehlak

Re: Phone locks after reboot
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »
Hi, I never met this problem before; can you please advice which version of antitheft you have and what i your device?
Thank you.

Brian P

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 05:57:56 PM »
i have avast version 1.0.1892 and operating on a casio G'zOne phone model C771, android version 2.3.3 (gingerbread i'm fairly certain)

svehlak

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
I never heard about Casio phones before; do they have any special ROM or just clear Android installation?

Brian P

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »
just a clear android installation

rlw047

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
My Casio C771 does the same thing. I’ve ended up unchecking the “lock” and “siren” boxes under the advanced settings, protection behavior. Avast seems to think it’s a sim based phone rather than cdma and a reboot is a change of sim.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
So this phones do not have SIM - how is it working? Its a tragedy in Europe we do not have such phones so it is VERY hard for us to find issues with it.

svehlak

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
OK, Casio, as well as other vendors have changed the generic android ROM, so we are not able to tell, what happens there. Generally, antitheft will lock the device and run siren in case of SIM is changed or not present; did you try to clear the SIM list and restart antitheft to add the SIM again?

rlw047

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »
There is no SIM card. All the data is in the phones firmware or software. I cleared the SIM list with the same result. The phone locks on reboot with no option to enter the unlock password. It's grayed out.

I don't know what info AT is looking for on boot up, but it seems it thinks the SIM has been changed or sees that there isn't any SIM on a US CDMA phone.

If settings is checked, it is also disabled on boot up.

I figured I'd just have to use the SMS commands to lock the phone if lost or stolen.

Brian P

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 04:41:02 AM »
When the phone has to reboot it does go to lock and siren, but i can enter the password to disable the lock condition and then everything is okay.  I have disabled the lock and siren feature and the phone reboots with no issue.  I know when I set the anti theft up it said it added the sim card to the accepted list, I didn't think much of it since there is no sim card but apparently it is focusing on something it shouldn't be and confusing it with a sim card.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »
So basically for a CDMA phone without SIM card there is NO SIM CARD CHANGE possible right?
How does the user then sell the phone or use another phone number?

Do ALL CDMA phones have no SIM card, or just from a few vendors/operators?

svehlak

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 06:25:11 PM »
So do we understood well, that "there is no SIM card" >> you put out the SIM card and now is not present in the device or you have device, which does not have SIM card at all? Yes, Antitheft is looking for SIM card number and if found, it will add it in the SIM card list. In case there is no SIM card the Antitheft just wait unitll you insert one; after removing the SIM card and starting the device without the sirene will go on, because SIm card have been changed (same as missing).

rlw047

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 10:14:30 PM »
There is no SIM card at all, ever. Most US CDMA  phones don't have a card, although there are some 4g "world" phones by Verizon that do have SIM cards. I'm not sure what info the SIM card contains, but I think that the same date (phone number, serial number etc.) are coded into the firmware through a "secret" menu what the phone is sold and activated. When the phone is resold, it has to be reactivated through the carrier who reprograms the data into the phone either in a store or OTA.

Now that I know what avast is looking for, I'll keep the boxes for the SIM behavior unchecked and relay upon the SMS  commands if the phone is lost or stolen.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »
does avast! send you GPS coordinates or does it just lock?

rlw047

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
Mine just locks. No sms message sent. I have to send an sms found message to get it unlocked. The PIN code box is grayed out.