Author Topic: Program update 7.0.1426  (Read 198492 times)

MDW

Re: Program update 7.0.1426
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »
@ MDW,

Check your AIS (Avast Firewall) to make sure nothing is being blocked to prevent Avast from working on the XP. 

You may also want to delete the entry in AIS for it and reconnect to the Internet.  This should force the firewall to ask permission again.  Let us know how this works.  Thank you.

I did an update of the program and now the firewall-tab on the left of the screen is gone.....
It's seem i'm working with a non-paid version. Quid?

Mjr

« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »

... to be able to give help Avast staff and members here need to know exactly what is being used, which OS. which Avast version, what else is on the system.
How was the new version installed, fresh install or upgrade. Saying it doesn't work I'm leaving is pointless.

And given that the numbers of sales and installs are rapidly increasing  I don't think there are too many "bolting " anywhere.

Short of allowing an Avast programmer login to my machine, how would you suggest we give all that info to the devs?
Should I try posting a 500 line log file from SiSoft Sandra or something?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2012, 06:15:34 PM »
You can try using the avastUI, Maintenance, Support, scroll down to Generate Support Package, Generate Now,

This will create a zip file with the options chosen, this can be uploaded by ftp (anonymous) to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mjr

« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »
Thanks David,
I did as you suggested but there's no way on this planet that I would upload that file... even if it was encrypted, password protected, and transferred via SSH.

I took a look in the files and it lists all my email accounts, several sites I visited including back-end development, local machine development, xml feeds that are sent via port 443 with credential parameters, and more.

The risk to my business is just way to high for me without a signed NDA or at least having some form of proper contract.

It's too bad that there isn't a privacy filter that can be hooked up to the support file generator. That simple solution would make it ok for me to upload the file.

One way or another, I hope Avast reacts to the MS Outlook compatibility problem so many people are having since the last Windows 7 X64 update and Avast 7.0.1426 update.
It's a shame, just a few months ago I had a boatload of my clients install the paid version. In about a week, I'm going to have to find another solution unless Avast addresses these problems or rolls back the last update. And I love avast.... and have been using it for years.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:53:27 PM by Mjr »

Jack 1000

« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »
Updated to latest version through GUI after getting update notification on Windows XP, no problems!

Jack

spmbar

« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
I have downloaded this program 7.0.1426 but it does not set on my computer and also not able to update my existing 7.0.1407 program pl guide.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »
I have downloaded this program 7.0.1426 but it does not set on my computer and also not able to update my existing 7.0.1407 program pl guide.

- Any error message..??
- Which avast!..?? (Free/Pro/IS)
- OS..?? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

spmbar

« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »
I have pro 1407 installed with cloud services  but now it is not updating neither getting removed nor allowing other install process pls help

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »
I have pro 1407 installed with cloud services  but now it is not updating neither getting removed nor allowing other install process pls help

1. Download avast! Pro Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

esetantivirus2010

« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
after you install avast restart system then:
download fix update and run it:
http://public.avast.com/supp/FixUpdate.exe
then restart system
now your antivirus update successfully
 :o

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
The suggestion doesn't make sense (installing avast! and then using the FixUpdate tool). The FixUpdate tool was done for one specific problem that happened in the past during automatic updates (i.e. is basically obsolete these days, unless you have avast! installed for a long time and the updates have been failing for you for a long time, too). If you install avast! today, the FixUpdate tool is certainly of no use and won't help you in any way.

slonje

« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »
My experience... not so good so far... allowed auto upgrade from 7.0.1407  ----> 7.0.1426

Following auto upgrade, system looked ok, but when tried to browse web Firefox opened @ mozilla home ok  yet failed to load any other pages (error messages given as time outs), checked network connections...fine, avast interface visually showed no problems.... netbook very slow and when tried to activate other progammes, these may have been started but no windows opened, their app not listed in task manager, no circular waiting cursor, trying again dialog gave programme may be running message, close and restart etc.

windows system restore pulled me back a few days...and to Avast v1407 (at least that is what the Prog version line now says in red)... and firefox now browsing ok.. all now seems as it was before the auto upgrade

I have re-download aclear.exe, so will try an install new manually (as had to last time) hopefully upgrade will work then, but seems strange this is second time an auto update has failed

spec
netbook, win 7 starter, 1gb ram, Firefox 11.0, firewall ZA 10.1, starving student

slonje

« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2012, 04:50:14 AM »
Update

using safe mode removed avast using downloaded avast clear utility , restarted, cleaned with ccleaner and did fresh install, all appears good now and uptodate! Thankyou! :)

suggestion

if default "ask" when to update is selected in settings, maybe, as a failsafe, if you click blue alert update now install, give a second dialog box from that with option to proceed with auto installation or option "download current avast removal tool and newversion.exe for manual removal and update"   something like that might be useful

also if anyone like me on win7 starter a bit unsure about how to get into safe mode (to use clear.exe) perhaps a brief script to accompany exe, script on your site or links to microsoft site ... I found this bit of text very helpful:

Through System Configuration (msconfig)

1. To Start Windows 7 in Safe Mode
    warning   Warning
    This will set Windows 7 to start into Safe Mode until you set it back to the normal boot mode in step 2 below.

A) Open the Start Menu, then type msconfig in the search box and press Enter.

B) If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.

C) Click on the Boot tab.

D) Select Windows 7 at the top, then check Safe boot and dot Minimal.

E) Click on OK and restart the computer.

F) The computer will now restart and start Windows 7 into Safe Mode.

2. To Start Windows 7 Back in Normal Mode

A) Open the Start Menu, then type msconfig in the search box and press Enter.

B) If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.

C) Click on the General tab.

D) Select (dot) Normal startup.

E) Click on the Boot tab, and check

F) Click on OK and restart the computer.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2012, 07:48:17 AM »
Very long way around to get to safe mode, easyer is to reboot system and keep tapping f8 while the system is starting and you'll be in safe mode in no time  ;D once you restart the system again you will automatically be put to normal mode.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:50:39 AM by craigb »

user_1000

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »
By the way, when there is going to be a next bug-fix release?