Author Topic: BSOD 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA aswsnx.sys Avast Free 7.0.1426  (Read 8365 times)

torben

Hi there

I use Avast Free 7.0.1426

Since some days I got a BSOD almost everytime and mostly right after startup was (nearly) finished. The problem was said to be caused by aswsnx.sys, the Stop-error was 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I was able to start in safe mode and uninstall Avast using aswclear.exe and taadaaaaa no more problems, no BSOD.

I saved lots of minidumps and I'll upload some to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/

I would like to carry on using Avast Free. Is there anything I can do to avoid these crashes?

Any help is greatly appreciated  :)

Thanks, Torben

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Thanks for your minidumps - it seems, there was an autosandbox bug.

You can install avast and turn off autosandbox feature (file system shield -> settings -> autosandbox), it'll help you until we release new program update.

torben

Thank you for your fast answer  :)

I installed Avast once more but turning off the autosandbox feature seems to be possible only after a system-restart.
The problem is that after the restart, there for sure will be the BSOD once more. I'll try anyway...

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
You can boot into the Safe Mode, open the file
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\avast5.ini
and put the key
AutoSandboxEnabled=0
into the [Common] section (add the key if it's not already there, otherwise just change its value to zero).

torben

Seems to have worked even without switching to safe mode!!  :) :) :) :)

Before the restart I changed some the start-settings of Avast (rootkit-detection,...). The restart worked and now I was able to disable the autosandbox-settings.

Great, thanks a lot :)