Hey wonderwrench, thanks for the insight.
Didn't look thoroughfully, but read a bunch here and there on the net and found that the problem is more common than I was thinking.
Found in general these big causes:
1) Another Firewall/Internetsecurity-like software is installed and running
2) Another Firewall/Internetsecurity-like software WAS installed
3) Random generic/unexplainable cause
Most common are 1, obviously, and 2, since appearently a lot of those software leave "traces".
I also found several possible solution to solve these issues:
- Microsoft Fix It, they released a specific lil' tool for these issues
- "Repair WMI & Windows Firewall" by PcWinTech.com - another lil tool
- Complete Internet Repair v1.2 by Rizonesoft, another interesting and complete tool for issues like these
- A bat file suggested by a Microsoft Official helper on answers.microsoft.com (it's just a series of instruction you stick into a bat file and then run it)
- Open CMD, go to windows\system32\config\TxR and then take off hidden and system attributes from files there, delete certain ones, then reboot. (this is especially effective for problems of type 2 of the previous list)
Goes without saying, none of the above worked for me sadly. I think I checked BSE already and it was running, the Windows Firewall Service instead is set on autorun but it's stopped, and when I try to relaunch it of course I get an error. Went to System Event to check the error in detail but there was nothing I could get out of it.
Since appearently the system is refusing to restore configuration from this morning or older, I guess there must be something "bigger" underneath this all. As strange as it may seem, because this morning everything was working 100% appearently, until I went and absolutely had to turn the firewall off manually. I really had to do it, rite?
Guess tomorrow I'll just try to reinstall Windows 7 from scratch using the lolAcer CD and tweak everything again.
I had just finished a few days ago sigh... (this is a fresh PC, started using it around 1 week ago)
Thanks for all the support guys though! And sorry for the OT.
Hope the little programs I liked above may serve someone else in the future having similar troubles and using the forum search function
Some of those programs are reall neat, try them! Sad they didn't work for me, but they look nice ^^