Author Topic: how to delete  (Read 3501 times)

sometime

how to delete
« on: December 09, 2004, 06:27:56 PM »
I hav e Avast "FREE" home edition I have 2 viruses in the chest can I delete these and if so how?

lee16

Re:how to delete
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 06:32:15 PM »
We need more information on the files before we can answer.

Such as name of file, name of the virus infecting the file, where it was before you put it into the chest (i.e. file location). you OS could be useful aswell

--lee

sometime

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 06:40:25 PM »
it was a photo of a dolphin  I was downloading from a  photography site on the net to my own  new folder on desktop the virus was so something or other

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 06:45:16 PM »
Right click a file in the chest and choose properties, it will tell you what we want to know, or look in Avast's log file.

- Name of the infected file
- Original location
- Infection name

sometime

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 07:24:45 PM »
I don`t know what I`ve done but when I looked in the chest it was empty I have scanned my computer but it hasn`t found any viruses

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 12:19:01 PM »
I don`t know what I`ve done but when I looked in the chest it was empty I have scanned my computer but it hasn`t found any viruses

Sometime, don't worry. Most probably you just saw the system files backup stored there. There are view options on the buttoms at left of that window. You must select only the 'infected files' to see if anything is wrong...  ;)
The best things in life are free.