Author Topic: Problems with uninstalling Avast 6  (Read 1901 times)

bodqhrohro

Problems with uninstalling Avast 6
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:04:43 PM »
I've did not uninstalled Avast before installing other antiviral products, I've only disabled it's autorun and services. But drivers of Avast firewall were still loading, and they caused system hangs and sometimes BSODs. When I've understood this I've removed all Avast drivers and devices associated with them. But after this Windows began find drivers for unknown devices after startup. Wi-Fi did not work, so I've reinstalled drivers for it. I've uninstalled Avast, but virtual firewall's miniport still leaves. Internet works, but it's very slow, Windows sometimes hangs, and my dock widgets has no access to the size of incoming/outcoming traffic. In the list of network adapters of these widgets is only Avast's miniport, other are unavailable. But neither Everest nor Windows'es network adapters list does not show such device. I've reinstalled and uninstalled Avast again but this did not helped. Is there any solution besides reinstalling Windows?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Problems with uninstalling Avast 6
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »
It isn't ever recommended to install multiple resident antivirus applications, disabling isn't enough as resident AVs operate at a low level and run drivers to hook files so that they can be scanned and it is these drivers that will conflict.

I have no idea what you mean by avast's miniport ?

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for 5.x, 6.0.x and 7.0.x).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, for 6.x, once complete reboot into normal mode.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security