Author Topic: Flash always being used in Avast 7?  (Read 2387 times)

Solemn

Flash always being used in Avast 7?
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:04:24 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug, but I would like to mention it anyway just in case.

I understand the use of flash in avast, but lately I noticed a side-effect I hadn't encountered before with the latest version on my Windows XP SP3 computer.  While updating flash (I always clean install it), uninstalling the active X plugin errored saying that "avastui" was still using it.  The issue here is that the avast UI was never open/active before (this was done a while after booting in and not doing anything).  The only way to get this error to go away easily was to open avast via the system tray icon then close it again (didn't select anything or open statistics).

It's pretty trivial in the end, but I never had this happen before on all of my computers before version 7.  Has something changed in the way it's used and this is normal?

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Flash always being used in Avast 7?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:45 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug, but I would like to mention it anyway just in case.

I understand the use of flash in avast, but lately I noticed a side-effect I hadn't encountered before with the latest version on my Windows XP SP3 computer.  While updating flash (I always clean install it), uninstalling the active X plugin errored saying that "avastui" was still using it.  The issue here is that the avast UI was never open/active before (this was done a while after booting in and not doing anything).  The only way to get this error to go away easily was to open avast via the system tray icon then close it again (didn't select anything or open statistics).

It's pretty trivial in the end, but I never had this happen before on all of my computers before version 7.  Has something changed in the way it's used and this is normal?

Avast! 7 introduced the use of avastui.exe in version 7.  It is part of the new set of features, I think.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »
Avast! 7 introduced the use of avastui.exe in version 7.  It is part of the new set of features, I think.

No, that's not new. That's the avast! GUI. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:16:26 AM »
Asyn,

Thanks, and I stand corrected.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803

Solemn

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »

No, that's not new. That's the avast! GUI. ;)

Ah, thought so. :P  To clarify I guess I'm surprised since it appears to need it all the time without statistics being viewed (or even being open for that matter).