Author Topic: I´m having problems unlocking my Xperia Play  (Read 5836 times)

00zaiko00

I´m having problems unlocking my Xperia Play
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:37:04 PM »
Hi

Good morning everyone, heres the thing. Yesterday, i switched sim cards with a friend of mine for a little experiment, forgetting that i had set the sim card lock. Well, my phone got locked as it should.

But the problem is that i cannot unlock it back. I tried entering the password in the device, it didnt work. Even when i switched back my sim card the phone stays locked. I´ve already tried the SMS commands UNLOCK & FOUND, but they didnt help neither.

I know i didnt forgot the password because i made a lot of settings changes. My phone is an R800a Xperia Play 2.3.4 (no custom rom, no rooted) mexican version with Telcel (carrier).

Can some one help me out please? has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance

Edit: If I have set my Avast to spanish is there any different SMS code?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:16:55 PM by 00zaiko00 »

svehlak

Re: I´m having problems unlocking my Xperia Play
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:27:28 AM »
No, it is not. Do I understand right, that you did not forget your password but still cannot unlock your phone? Can you access avast! mobile security? Is only the antitheft part blocked?

00zaiko00

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 04:42:30 AM »
Yes, you`re right

If I turn my phone, after a few seconds I only get the siren and the message that the phone has been lost or stolen, I cant do anything else. (I guess that´s the antithef feature)

In that message i have the option to input the avast password but it doesnt recognize it.

PS: I tried to send the SMS commands with the phone turned on.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:44:49 AM by 00zaiko00 »

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »
Hello,
the pin you need to enter here is the pin you specified during the initial setup. It only consists of number and has 4-6 digits. If you think you entered a longer pin - try the first 6 digits.
Default pin is 0000 (four zeroes)

Werner

00zaiko00

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »
Hi Werner

I do not forget them, i set those 4 digits for almost every password i need, so that´s not the problem. The antithef feature just isnt recognize them. I know the password is fine because after i set it, i still continued making changes on the settings and every time i did, the app asked for them.

Let me try the Default one, thank you

Edit: Its solved!! Thank you Werner!!

The antithef feature took the default pin.. wich makes me wonder.. I thought that the pin for the antitheft feature was the one i set as the avast password.. wich seems that not, so.. the antitheft feature has his own pin?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:20:22 PM by 00zaiko00 »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
It shouldn't, no.

Filip