Author Topic: New license and Clients showing as expired  (Read 2523 times)

uinthas

New license and Clients showing as expired
« on: April 05, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »
Hello,

I recently upgraded from a 60 license to 130.  My problem is, even after the upgrade I'm getting clients still showing as expired.  I have restarted the avast service, restarted the avast server, and still get the same thing on some workstations.  Is there possibly a way to check to see where those clients are looking for the license at? I know the old avast console did via command line, but I dont see that command with this version.

uinthas

Re: New license and Clients showing as expired
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »
Okay so I found where the client is looking for the server, it is correct.  The license on the client shows valid until 12-13-12, however when I try to manually update definition files, it throws an error "license is not valid"

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »
Hi,

If you try to redeploy the client to one of the affected machines are you then able to update?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:47:50 AM »
could you provide me your customer number to check the license? Or send me your license to my avast email. I can check if it's reproducible... When was your license issued?
Quality is also a feature.