Author Topic: >> UPDATES <<  (Read 5795304 times)

Offline ehmen

• Poster
Re: >> UPDATES <<
« Reply #10230 on: May 31, 2016, 04:38:38 PM »
CCleaner 5.18.5607
The new version's look took a step back to 20 years ago, as the title bar and Windows explorer dialog box look like Windows 98.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:41:52 PM by ehmen »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10231 on: May 31, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
CCleaner 5.18.5607
The new version's look took a step back to 20 years ago, as the title bar and Windows explorer dialog box look like Windows 98.

This version (new, not) looks no different from much older versions, the Interface hasn't changed. The only things that appear to change are the underlying options, with new programs added Windows and Application tabs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ehmen

• Poster
« Reply #10232 on: May 31, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »
This version (new, not) looks no different from much older versions, the Interface hasn't changed.
By me it has. Whereas previous versions had a Vista looking title bar (for me), this looks like Windows 98 (see attachment above). No biggie, just stating a fact.

P.S. Many versions ago the title bar looked like Windows 8, until they got rid of that and it went back to looking like Vista (till now).

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #10233 on: May 31, 2016, 07:28:01 PM »
This version (new, not) looks no different from much older versions, the Interface hasn't changed.
By me it has. Whereas previous versions had a Vista looking title bar (for me), this looks like Windows 98 (see attachment above). No biggie, just stating a fact.

P.S. Many versions ago the title bar looked like Windows 8, until they got rid of that and it went back to looking like Vista (till now).
Nothing has changed here, same as usual

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10234 on: May 31, 2016, 07:28:13 PM »

I'm stating a fact also, for me it hasn't changed for ages, the interface in XP and Win7 (so no win8 look or feel, thanks) is exactly the same for me. It hasn't changed and I use it regularly.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #10235 on: May 31, 2016, 07:33:32 PM »
I can't see any changes ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline ehmen

• Poster
« Reply #10236 on: May 31, 2016, 08:02:12 PM »
Nothing has changed here, same as usual
I can't see any changes ???
I guess in Windows 10 Ccleaner looks the part.

the interface in XP...is exactly the same for me.
Can you post a screen clipping?

(Attached below is how the Windows Explorer dialog box looks from within Ccleaners.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:10:22 PM by ehmen »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10237 on: May 31, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
the interface in XP...is exactly the same for me.
Can you post a screen clipping?

(Attached below is how the Windows Explorer dialog box looks from within Ccleaners.)

Well I think it would have been better had you posted this image first, as your original one it totally different.

You're second screenshot I believe has little to do with CCleaner and more to do with your OS. This is as far as I can tell from your image not from 'within' CCleaner but windows explorer opening up the CCleaner folder. You appear to be doing a Save As and I haven't got a clue how you got there from 'within' CCleaner.

I see no option from 'within' CCleaner to have an explorer view.

Offline ehmen

• Poster
« Reply #10238 on: June 01, 2016, 01:46:28 AM »
Well I think it would have been better had you posted this image first, as your original one it totally different.
They're the same thing, one is the Ccleaner title bar, and the other is the Explorer dialog when prompted to save the registry backup.

You're second screenshot I believe has little to do with CCleaner and more to do with your OS. This is as far as I can tell from your image not from 'within' CCleaner but windows explorer opening up the CCleaner folder. You appear to be doing a Save As and I haven't got a clue how you got there from 'within' CCleaner.

As explained above, it is from within Ccleaner.

Below is a screen clipping with a clear contrast, on the left side is Ccleaner with the Windows 98-looking title bar and Windows Explorer dialog box, and on the right side is a regular Windows Explorer box which has the regular Windows Vista basic look (since I disabled Windows Aero).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:49:39 AM by ehmen »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #10239 on: June 01, 2016, 06:18:00 AM »
There's no question there is a difference in windows on your system.

Attached find <snip> of CCleaner on Win 10 Home and you'll see the blue bar on the top of the snip which does not appear on CraigB's system, which is also Win 10.  This system is an upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium, which might account for the difference.

Point however, is that the visual window differences (gui) should not affect how CCleaner runs and operates on either the Vista system or the Win 10.  And, to me, that would be the determining factor, whether the newest version works as it should, rather than how a window appears on either Win 10 or Vista. 

I'd likely put the issue you are seeing down to inadvertent user customization/appearance/basic theme settings, with one of them directly affecting windows explorer windows. 

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #10240 on: June 01, 2016, 12:32:41 PM »
They're the same thing, one is the Ccleaner title bar, and the other is the Explorer dialog when prompted to save the registry backup.

As explained above, it is from within Ccleaner.

Below is a screen clipping with a clear contrast, on the left side is Ccleaner with the Windows 98-looking title bar and Windows Explorer dialog box, and on the right side is a regular Windows Explorer box which has the regular Windows Vista basic look (since I disabled Windows Aero).
I think you're confusing Ccleaner's interface and Windows Explorer.
The part where you select where to save the backup comes from Explorer. Explorer may be opened through Ccleaner but, it's a windows function.
It will therefore also vary depending on the version of windows you happen to be using.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10241 on: June 01, 2016, 03:31:51 PM »
@    ehmen
As I said, This has more to do with your OS, explorer and its settings than CCleaner.

Offline ehmen

• Poster
« Reply #10242 on: June 01, 2016, 04:04:28 PM »
Point however, is that the visual window differences (gui) should not affect how CCleaner runs and operates on either the Vista system or the Win 10.  And, to me, that would be the determining factor, whether the newest version works as it should, rather than how a window appears on either Win 10 or Vista. 

I'd likely put the issue you are seeing down to inadvertent user customization/appearance/basic theme settings, with one of them directly affecting windows explorer windows.
Agreed. As mentioned above it's no biggie, just something interesting (or weird) being pointed out.

I think you're confusing Ccleaner's interface and Windows Explorer.
The part where you select where to save the backup comes from Explorer. Explorer may be opened through Ccleaner but, it's a windows function.
It will therefore also vary depending on the version of windows you happen to be using.
@    ehmen
As I said, This has more to do with your OS, explorer and its settings than CCleaner.
Please see the screen clipping above where the difference between the regular Windows Explorer Window, and the one from within Ccleaner is obvious. The former has the Vista basic look, and the latter has the Windows 98 look.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10243 on: June 01, 2016, 06:36:51 PM »
@    ehmen
Sorry but you still don't get it when you elect to create a registry backup after the registry checking process in CCleaner, the process responsible for that action is explorer.

My image is after having electing to save a registry copy, explorer is the process creating that .reg file and where to save it. I'm done now this has gone one for far too long and is really off-topic for this topic    
>> UPDATES <<

Offline ehmen

• Poster
« Reply #10244 on: June 02, 2016, 12:08:55 AM »
...the process responsible for that action is explorer.
That's correct.
But it is still from within CCleaner. Similar to running a program as an administrator or different user (with the "runas" command line) and subsequently opening Explorer from within that program (e.g. choose location to save Notepad document) which will also be said (other) user, whereas regularly opening a Windows Explorer window will be as the logged-in to user.
My image is...
Did you see mine?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:13:37 AM by ehmen »