Author Topic: Avast boot-scan errors  (Read 3200 times)

thenicestguy23

Avast boot-scan errors
« on: December 15, 2004, 11:41:27 PM »
I work at a computer store as a tech and a customer brought her pc in and I installed avast on it, because I was sure it had viruses on it.  (BTW, she had up to date mcafee virus scan on there)  Avast caught a trojan during boot scan, but also during this bootscan I got the following message.  

File C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\AOL Communicator\pcache\91101734032a03512 Error 0xC0000022

Now this 9111xxxxx number is random, there are tons of these messages that scroll the screen, but the 911xxxxxnumber is usually different for each error, but seems to be all related to that AOL Communicator JUNK!

Just curious as what this error code is? Any help?  Looks similar to a windows error code when memory is accessed incorrectly.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, this pc XP home with SP2
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 11:42:21 PM by thenicestguy23 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Avast boot-scan errors
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 12:36:34 AM »
That error means "A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights."

inthewildteam

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 01:43:48 AM »
Hope you un-installed McAfee first before the scan  ;)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 05:29:42 AM »
I work at a computer store as a tech and a customer brought her pc in and I installed avast on it, because I was sure it had viruses on it.
I have my own comp repair store, what I always do is using the B.A.R.T. cd. A virus or other malware can prevent the av from working correctly or even from installing properly.

thenicestguy23

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 04:11:20 PM »
I have Bart PE. (I think that is what you are calling B.A.R.T.) but where can I get the Avast plugin for it???  Can u post it here or mail to me??

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 04:37:12 PM »
I'm afraid not.
avast! BART CD is a different tool - it's not Bart PE (even though they are both based on Windows PE).
There's no avast! plugin for "your" Bart.