Author Topic: CD-Rom seems to hang with on-access enabled  (Read 2444 times)

NICS

CD-Rom seems to hang with on-access enabled
« on: December 16, 2004, 02:57:26 AM »
Has anybody had an issue with avast 4.5 home edition on a pc with xp home installed? when when you insert a cd into the pc it just hangs. I usually have to reboot to get back to the system. If i disabled the on-access, the cd would work fine. It is deffanatly not the cd-roms there are 2 in the pc and it is configured correctly. it even hung with a store bought program cd not just burned ones. didn't matter which rom i used.

I had to install xp-sp2 from cd for a customer on their home pc, so i ended up uninstalling avast from it.

I would like to know if there is a fix for this so if I run into this in the future i can fix it without uninstalling it.

I have installed Avast home addition on a few of my customers home pc's and had never ran into this before.

Thanks for any info NICS

inthewildteam

Re:CD-Rom seems to hang with on-access enabled
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 03:14:17 AM »
Probably best to contact avast! support first if you are having problems installing the programme.  You are installing it as an agent for avast! and not "for free" aren't you?

NICS

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 05:06:03 AM »
I had no problems installing it or running it it ran fine. It was only hanging when i tried to read a cd. i looked it the faq and didn't see anything, then i did a search here first. most support i thought prefered you to look in the forums and faq first incase this has been discussed and solved.

as far as installing it. it is the free version and I have them register it for a key. it is on users HOME pc's. and they are to register it in their own names. i don't give them my key and I don't charge for the software. i install it for them along with other free programs to help protect their pc's from spyware, adware and viruses. I don't believe i am breaking any copyright laws. maybe i'm wrong.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 05:34:22 AM »
Have a look to see if there are newer motherboard drivers.

And was one of the cd-roms by change an 'old' one?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 05:34:49 AM by Eddy »