Author Topic: Can avast! mail protection display upload/download progress?  (Read 7487 times)

Vectorspace

Can avast! mail protection display upload/download progress?
« on: December 16, 2004, 10:57:52 AM »
When sending or receiving e-mails, avast! will display the system tray icon, but does not display the progress of the upload/download.

This can be annoying for large e-mails, as I like to be able to see that the download is moving.

Can avast! be made to dislay the upload/download progress?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 10:58:49 AM by Vectorspace »

Spyros

Re:Can avast! mail protection display upload/download progress?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 11:41:01 AM »
Isn't that something your e-mail program should do?
I mean, I use Thunderbird and in the right-down corner there is a progress bar & at the same time I see avast's icon, which means that it is scanning...

Vectorspace

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 12:52:04 PM »
I also use Thunderbird, but when stanning with avast the progress bar in the client is only really useful for the progress of the transfer between the e-mail client and avast.

For example: If I'm sending a large e-mail, the progress bar in Thunderbird will reach 99% when it has transferred the e-mail to avast. It will then stay at 99% until avast has scanned the e-mail and uploaded it to the mail server.

For large e-mails the transfer between avast and the mail server can take a while and I would like it if avast could display the progess of that.

I take it that it avast can't do that, then?

Spyros

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 01:03:40 PM »
OK, I just received and replied an e-mail. Now I understand exactly what you mean. As for a built-in progress bar within avast, I haven't ever seen something like that, so I guess the answer to your question is "no". Maybe someone else on the board has more info, you'll just have to wait and see  ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 01:19:39 PM »
Can avast! be made to dislay the upload/download progress?

I fully agree with you Vectorspace.
As far I know it's not possible to see the progress of uploading and downloading and, to big emails, it could be a problem.
Hey folks, can't you do anything about this?
The best things in life are free.

Vectorspace

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 02:44:37 PM »
I'll post the link to this topic in the next version wishlist topic.