Author Topic: sms and call filter doesn't work  (Read 6838 times)

tkgas

sms and call filter doesn't work
« on: April 10, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »
Hi, I have a LG OPTIMUS 2X and the call & sms filter doesn't work. The phone is rooted and the android version is 2.3.4. Thanks

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: sms and call filter doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »
Hi,

SMS filtering should work as well as outgoing call blocking. Incoming call blocking doesn't work on LG phones with Android 2.3.x or higher due to LG changes in the OS :( There is a possibility of root call blocking which might work on such devices, but it is not implemented in avast! Mobile Security and I can't tell you if or when that will be.

Filip

EDIT: I actually think that in the newest version released today there should be a one-time dialog when you enter the Call/SMS Blocker saying that it's not working on those LG devices, but can't test that at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:16:14 PM by Filip Havlicek »

tkgas

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
Ok, I  understand. With the latest update does not work. Thanks anyway

Sammo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 10:47:17 PM »
Phone filtering doesn't work on my HTC Vivid with ICS (not rooted).

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
Hi,

so call blocking isn't working? Is there a log entry in the Call/SMS blocker for the non-blocked call or the log is empty?

Filip

Sammo

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
Hi,

so call blocking isn't working? Is there a log entry in the Call/SMS blocker for the non-blocked call or the log is empty?

Filip
Hi Filip,

Sorry, I didn't check although no number (with or without wildcards) would be blocked by avast. I have uninstalled avast and installed Zoner av because the call blocking is so important to me and theirs works and avast doesn't. I would love to give avast another try if this issue is fixed.

Thanks!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 04:58:14 PM »
Hi,

as far as I know, it works on all the devices (well, except yours). I can't really fix it without having the device (or someone with the device) so I'm afraid I can't fix it without your help as it seems unavailable in my country. Sorry.

Filip

Sammo

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:12:04 PM »
Hi Filip,

I reinstalled avast mobile and tried the call blocking again and it works just fine now. I'm not sure what happened before but I suspect that there may have been some conflict with some of the GO Locker stuff. I uninstalled these before trying avast again so it could have been the issue.

Thanks!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 09:10:59 PM »
Hi,

no problem, glad it's working :)

Filip

mbze430

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:24 AM »
Currently I have to use Root Call Blocker Pro app instead of the Avast that already has this function.

The only reason why I am using Root Call Blocker Pro is that it's easier to block all contacts during the night (when I am sleeping).

Have you guys thought of a way to add make the Call and SMS filter feature more friendly to use?

For example.  In Root Call Blocker Pro has an "Always Exempt List".  I put the most important people in this list (family members) this way they can always get through.  And then during the hours of 00:00 - 08:30 it blocks every one except the "Always Exempt List"  This way I never get disturbed by anyone except the most important people.

would be nice if you guys robust and gave the Call and SMS filter more features. 

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
Hi,

I browsed through the screenshot of the app you mentioned a few days ago and it looks really complicated for a common user. You wouldn't believe that, but some people have problems with setting up our Call/SMS filter. I can't imagine we would present some like that to them. Not saying we won't add any features there, but I'm pretty sure it will never get as "robust" as the app you are mentioning.

Filip

arakis

Hi
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 07:04:37 AM »
i use avast on my descktop pc and my  smrtphone.call and sms filter not work on my device S7562.sms filter work great but call filtern not work not blocking any number

svehlak

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 01:44:00 AM »
Is is dual SIM phone? Are you sure you have all the settings considered to your used SIM se right?