Author Topic: Scan Progress  (Read 3078 times)

MartinS

Scan Progress
« on: December 16, 2004, 04:48:09 PM »
Hi
I've set up Avast to do a weekly scan on a Friday evening, and in the reports it says these have been done, but there is no visual indication that the scan has started, or of it's progress.  Is this something that can be shown but is turned off by default ???
Regards
Martin

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Scan Progress
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 06:28:31 PM »
Hi I've set up Avast to do a weekly scan on a Friday evening, and in the reports it says these have been done, but there is no visual indication that the scan has started, or of it's progress.  Is this something that can be shown but is turned off by default ???
Regards Martin

I suppose you're using the Professional (Enhanced) Interface.
No, the results are stored inside the logs and reports. You can use and work with them.
avast behavior (on cleaning viruses, scanning, etc.) could be fully automated.

Scheduled scanning works like these.
To visual information be displayed, you must run on-demmand. Oh, just my opinion, I think this is the best behavior: silent when we're not near (automatic) and with alerts when we ask so  :)

Martin, welcome  8)
The best things in life are free.

MartinS

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 10:19:07 AM »
I suppose you're using the Professional (Enhanced) Interface.
Well, you suppose correctly  ;)
No, the results are stored inside the logs and reports. You can use and work with them.  avast behavior (on cleaning viruses, scanning, etc.) could be fully automated.
OK, thanks
Scheduled scanning works like these.
To visual information be displayed, you must run on-demmand. Oh, just my opinion, I think this is the best behavior: silent when we're not near (automatic) and with alerts when we ask so  :)
Ok, that's fine - I guess I'm just used to seeing it working (ex Norton user) and just need to get used to the new way!
Martin, welcome  8)
Thanks  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 11:46:34 AM »
Martin, feel free to ask any question about avast and share your experience. You will see that avast is very customizable and can fill your needs  8)
The best things in life are free.