Author Topic: Can't log into my Internet Banking anymore  (Read 4008 times)

Eileen Garland

Can't log into my Internet Banking anymore
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »
It's been in the last 2 weeks now that all of a sudden I can't seem to log into my internet banking, it just freezes and don't go no where. It worked for me  before since I've had my avast for 14 months and paid for. I logged into my bank without the avast once only to see if it still worked, that it did. So please can anyone help me with my problem.
Isles

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Can't log into my Internet Banking anymore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
Totally aside from any help with avast (and maybe other security aspects of your problem), does your bank have a customer-service rep familiar with their internet setup?  If so, that's definitely another place to look for help.  At one time I had a similar problem, involving garbled files at their end, and my bank was quite helpful in my regaining access.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »
Maybe if you could reveal from which website bank you're talking it could help...
The best things in life are free.

Eileen Garland

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:31:16 AM »
Maybe if you could reveal from which website bank you're talking it could help...

www.anz.com.au

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Some users are facing trouble with bank plugins here in Brazil. But not with login.
I'm personally not facing any trouble with my banks. It's difficult to report to the programmers what is not consistent...

Some problems with banks & SafeZone will be addressed in the next avast! program update soon.
The best things in life are free.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:47 PM »
Anz logs on fine for me here but im not using the paid version so maybe like Tech mentioned it could be related to safezone if you are accessing your bank via that feature ???

MAG

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 07:37:50 PM »
Did you perhaps just upgrade to avast 7 a couple of weeks ago? (I had some problems with safezone on first upgrade to avast 7, and had to reinstall AIS as I recall).

If you are having this problem only with safezone, does safezone connect to other sites OK?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:42:57 PM by mag »