Author Topic: ODBC drivers  (Read 3617 times)

Coreslider

ODBC drivers
« on: December 18, 2004, 12:25:10 PM »
Running notebook Windows 98 want to install home editon

Upon installation get error my ODBC drivers are missing or corrupt.

Checked microsoft, anybody know which set of drivers I need, there are many.

Intermediate pc'er!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:ODBC drivers
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 12:43:52 PM »
As has been explained in many many threads here, change ODBC to XML in avast4.ini

techie101

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 04:03:15 PM »
Actualy, this IS a good question.

We always advise users with the ODBC error message  to change the driver method  to XML, but I really would like to myself WHAT are the drivers that are actually missing.

ODBC drivers can be used for JET or for MY SQL functions, but what are the ones that AVAST is looking for?

And why do some systems accept Avast with ODBC and some of the same OS, require the XMLs????

???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 01:48:38 AM »
Actualy, this IS a good question.

We always advise users with the ODBC error message  to change the driver method  to XML, but I really would like to myself WHAT are the drivers that are actually missing.

ODBC drivers can be used for JET or for MY SQL functions, but what are the ones that AVAST is looking for?

And why do some systems accept Avast with ODBC and some of the same OS, require the XMLs????

???

I'm waiting for Igor or Vlk on this  8)
The best things in life are free.

Starfighter

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:07:59 AM »
My guess (and it's just a guess) is that those who've already installed a MS Office suite with say Excel etc., will have by de-facto installed the jet & ODBC drivers so Avast will work okay, while those that don't install Office may run into troubles, especially if they're using an older OS--as those drivers may not be current etc....

Then again, what do I know?!  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 01:20:28 PM »
My guess (and it's just a guess) is that those who've already installed a MS Office suite with say Excel etc., will have by de-facto installed the jet & ODBC drivers so Avast will work okay, while those that don't install Office may run into troubles, especially if they're using an older OS--as those drivers may not be current etc.

I feel the same in practice.
When I tried to install avast in an old notebook with Windows 95 and without Office.
The best things in life are free.