Author Topic: Can't install Anti-Theft  (Read 3333 times)

Zirillian

Can't install Anti-Theft
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:54:21 PM »
I had previously been using AntiTheft without issue.  However, I was prompted today to install an update for my HTC Evo 3D (1.0.1999).  The installer takes me through all the checks to make sure I can upgrade, downloads the upgrade, then takes me to the page that shows the permissions and has "Install" and "Cancel" buttons at the bottom of the screen.  At this point I am unable to actually click the "Install" button.  I can click it all day and nothing would happen.  The cancel button works fine, but my finger can't seem to click the Install button to advance the process forward.

I tried uninstalling Anti-Theft and installing from scratch (instead of upgrading) and the same problem happens when I get to that point.

Any ideas?  Am I crazy?  :o

reinhardholzner

Re: Can't install Anti-Theft
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »
Hm this is a system dialog so should not be related to Anti-Theft.
However, can you get us a ADB log of this?

Zirillian

Re: Can't install Anti-Theft
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
I actually gave up trying to get this to work and went with a competitor instead (Cerberus).  Even if I were able to get Anti Theft to install, it would still be incompatible with GO SMS's popups (maybe this was keeping it from being installed in the first place?).  Cerberus has an online app that allows control over the phone if it were lost, which is really helpful and completely bypasses the need for sending text messages (although it does texts too).  I still use avast for anti virus etc., but until Anti Theft gets fixed (or integrated somehow with GO SMS), I will be sticking with competitor.