Author Topic: When will we get the web interface  (Read 4601 times)

rolli

When will we get the web interface
« on: April 23, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »
I dont want to operate the phone with sms messages but have access to a web interface. This was promised long time ago - is it coming?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: When will we get the web interface
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »
I dont want to operate the phone with sms messages but have access to a web interface. This was promised long time ago - is it coming?

Yes, it is coming. Don't know about the timeframe though.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

andtraci

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »
Any further updates on this vital feature ( seems strange as many similar products are able to offer this feature )

Regards
Andy

sophe

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
although a web interface is nice to have and handy ..
personally I am not in favor of the idea.

I am interested as to what information is exchanged between AVAST and phones.

Perhaps someone could tell us please.

I am assuming that everything is shared between client > avast > server

client = host phone
server = lost phone

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:36:40 AM by sophe »

Agrajag

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »
With the list of SMS and SMS-related apps that are not compatible with Avast do I understand correctly that a web interface would remove this issue?

I find that approach not only cleaner but far more intuitive than sending SMS messages to my phone. I'd much rather get on my PC, go to a website and see a nice, simple interface giving me all these options.

I have to imagine that such an approach would get around all this. The reality, it seems, is that everyone is going to keep setting to the highest priority so anything that gets around that is a good idea it would seem.

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »
Perhaps it would, the interface is using WiFi at first and if that fails it falls back on SMS, thats how it used to work atleast.