Author Topic: Unable to upgrade Avast Anti-Theft  (Read 2583 times)

scfireman

Unable to upgrade Avast Anti-Theft
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
Attempting to upgrade avast Anti-Theft for my Android Pro. The installation is rooted. In the past I have not have any problems with it, I simply let it disable the root and device administrator while it needs to installed, then it does the direct-write, then it completes. This latest upgrade (1.0.1999) though does not seem to want to take.

Whenever it gets to the direct-write (which has always worked in the past) it says my hidden process has denied permissions to write to /system. I checked the Superuser app and I see where avast is listed, then in device admin in avast I see where the hidden process is checked. I have tried running it again and again with all possible combinations of checked and unchecked admin permissions but no luck.

svehlak

Re: Unable to upgrade Avast Anti-Theft
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:23:59 AM »
Assuming you have Droid Pro.  Yes, the antitheft installer is attempting to mount the system partition and store the data there - you need a rooted device for that. You mention "hidden process" - is there any other app which has an root access to device? Is superuser newest version? Did you try update.zip method for installation and if, was it succesfull? Sometimes helps, if you will set "allow" in Superuser for automatic response and try to turn on logging there. Which way for rooting did you use? Thx.