Author Topic: avast firewall doesn't work on my phone  (Read 6264 times)

MaxReed

avast firewall doesn't work on my phone
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
Hi everybody!
I have a samsung galaxy y duos gt-s6102 and I've installed avast mobile security and anti theft, but the firewall doesn't work.
When I go to active it, it asks me the root permission and I accept, next it tells me that netfilter isn't compatible with my kernel....
What can I do? I need it, my phone have consumed all money on my first usim :-\

Thanks to all!! :D

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: avast firewall doesn't work on my phone
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »
Hi,

you have to update your OS. If there isn't an official update available, your only option is to flash a custom ROM with netfilter support.

Filip

MaxReed

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »
i have updated the os and i can't install a custom rom because there isn't a custom rom that support the dual sim sistem.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
Then you are out of luck I suppose :( You can always compile your own ROM, but if there aren't any custom ROMs with dual SIM support, I suppose there aren't any such sources as well.

Filip

MaxReed

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:49 PM »
there isn't any (simple) way to add manually the file necessary to support netfilter,without damaging or modifying excessively the os?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
I think the kernel needs to be compiled with the netfilter support, it's not just about adding a file here or there.

Filip

Superb_user

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 03:44:19 AM »
first of all have you rooted your fone
if no it wont work
if yes check if firewall is getting all needed permissions

this software can help you in granting needed permission

Superuser
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ub3NodWZvdS5hbmRyb2lkLnN1Il0.

MaxReed

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
I've already rooted my phone, I already have superuser and avast have root permission... ;)
how I explained in my first post, when i go to active on firewall, avast take the root permission but tells me that my kernel isn't compatible with netfilter

I think the kernel needs to be compiled with the netfilter support, it's not just about adding a file here or there.

Filip
thank you filip, so i'm hopeless, I don't have any way to solve it....it's a pity :(