Author Topic: Anti Theft Password issues  (Read 2666 times)

pcborg

Anti Theft Password issues
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »
Hi,

I installed the application and the anti theft module.

When setting up the anti theft module, I created a password with numbers and a non numerical character (one of , . / ; ' etc) and it accepted the password.

When I then tried to access avast etc and I was asked for the password, its only accepted numbers.  So I had to uninstall.

That was pretty poor.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Anti Theft Password issues
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »
Hi,

are you sure it accepted the special character? Did you try to enter it without the special character? Can you tell me what device and OS version do you have and in which screen exactly did you enter the password?

Filip

svehlak

Re: Anti Theft Password issues
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
Hi, at the first point you are informed by password dialog, that only digits are accepted; at the second, there is no possibility how to add a special character into password dialog, because this dialog will only allow numeric keyboard to use. You can see some of special characters, but you can not use it anyway. We have some issues with very special ROMĀ“s for embedded devices and special purposes, but it does not seem, that this is the case. So if you are really able to reproduce this behavior, please be so kind and tell us the information which Filip asked before. Thank you very much.