Author Topic: SMS and Call filter, view MMS from log  (Read 5298 times)

tjodolf

SMS and Call filter, view MMS from log
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »
Hi.

I've had one group blocked in the SMS and Call filter option, and all SMS that i have received i could read from the Log option. But just yesterday i received two MMS Messages, and in the log there is no possibility to view these messages, or "release" them in any other way that i have found out about.... Does anybody knows if there is a possibility to get to read these MMS messages in one way or another? They only show as "MMS Message", but no option to view, download or anything....

Thanks in advance :)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: SMS and Call filter, view MMS from log
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 12:07:05 PM »
Hi,

you can't view those since they haven't been downloaded in the first place. In the case of MMS messages you first get a notification about its existence and then you can download it to your device if you want. We block the notifications and the messages itself aren't being download at all so you can't view them.

Filip

tjodolf

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:35 PM »
Ok, thanks for the reply.

If i understand it correctly, lets say i want to be able to receive MMS messages from people in this group, then i cannot have them in any group in the Avast software with the option block SMS/MMS at all?
I belive i understand what you are saying, regarding the difference between a fully downloaded SMS to the phone, and the notification of MMS messages before they get downloaded...

I guess i still could have them in a group that has block on Calls, but not SMS.. Is this correct, would i then still could receive SMS and MMS from them, just not calls?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »
Yes, MMS are grouped together with SMS so if you have a group blocking call only, you will receive all the messages from them being it SMS or MMS.

Filip

mshakurov

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:00:26 AM »
When I return MMS notification to android SMS program then this notification does not allow download MMS message! Why? Why avast cant't restore original MMS notification, not cleaned by avast?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »
Hi,

you mean that if you move blocked MMS from log back to your SMS application, it doesn't work anymore?

Filip

mshakurov

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
This is what I wanted to say!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
OK, I might look at it at some point in time.

Filip

mshakurov

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 09:27:34 AM »
The restored MMS message (you told that it is "MMS notification") has not the usual functionality (as if it was been received when the mobile connection was missed) - the message does not allow to download the real MMS message.

The Avast is the best security application, and has more free functionality than others. And such functions (as SMS filter) should works fine.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
Does it work in other MMS blocking apps?

Filip

mshakurov

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
I tried the "Handcent SMS" program that have the "Private Box" for SMS and MMS, and the program allow to download MMS messages inside the "Private Box".
(Sorry for my poor English  ;D )

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »
Yeah, but that's not really an MMS blocking app, that's an SMS client with added features.

Filip