Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 3149 times)

{ØZ}DaBear

Please help!
« on: June 03, 2012, 12:51:32 PM »
Hello, I have recently had problems with my free, registered Avast! Anti-virus. My computer had a bit of a bad time a few days ago, the administrator user somehow got corrupted so I couldn't open my normal desktop and would create a temporary desktop every time I logged in that would be deleted when I logged out. This was causing problems because I couldn't properly access my programs or files. So to resolve this I proceeded to create a new admin user and transfer the files from User1 to User2. After I did this my Avast! began to throw out a message saying that the "AshTask.dll" was missing from my computer. I tried to re download and register the .dll file to fix it with no luck. So I decided to open my computer in safe-mode and uninstall Avast!. When I tried to reinstall it, it said I needed to register again even though I had 6months left. So I tried registering and for that day it seemed to be working. But now the dates on the registration section give the impression that I would have a whole year to use Avast without registering but the bar below it shows I have 0 days. This has made my Avast completely unactive. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
uninstall from ....safe mode.... using this and reboot.   http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

then install again and reboot

{ØZ}DaBear

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »
That's what I did use to uninstall it. Sorry for being unclear. The uninstall utility tells you to go in safe mode to uninstall it, I was trying to clarify that I did uninstall it properly. :)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »
try running avast repair and reboot

For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

did that change anything ?

{ØZ}DaBear

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
No, it didn't change anything. :/

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
is your computer time / day / month / year correct..... if not adjust and reboot
any other security programs installed?

i would try a new clean install..using the uninstall tool

{ØZ}DaBear

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
The date and time is correct and there are no other security systems installed. I will try to re-install it again.

{ØZ}DaBear

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
It's working now. I don't really know what stopped it working in the first place, thank you for your help. :P

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »
your wellcome