Author Topic: Which Craftec's skin would you like to see in avast distribution?  (Read 17827 times)

techie101

Re:Which Craftec's skin would you like to see in avast distribution?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 09:59:33 PM »
Actually,

The new creation by Sasha makes it tough to choose, however, if we consider what Avast stands for and that we want a "universal" type skin for distribution, I actually like the "Corporate Skin".  Make it slightly larger and I think that this skin personafies the true spirit of Avast.

Since Sasha is such a fantastic artist, it is really hard to pick one out of the many.  He continues to outdo himself.

mikel108

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 04:36:05 AM »
Craftec has some great skins.

I personally use Flat n Simple most of the time.

neal62

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 05:50:00 AM »
I use SZC-KDE and like it very much.  They all are great but I prefer this one. :D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »
That's an easy choice for me LCARS !

jhiker

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2004, 05:13:29 PM »
For Craftec's skin my vote goes to 'macloveros x'. ..

.....but I still think the default Alwil  'Silver Panel' is nicer.....

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2004, 05:18:34 PM »
Hehe MacLoverOS X was created by me and not by Sasha. He just assisted me with settings interface graphics. Design and most of the work is mine ;)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »
RejZoR
That just goes to prove a point. Many, if not most, people never read the question or statement.

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2004, 06:26:56 PM »
For Craftec's skin my vote goes to 'macloveros x'. ..

.....but I still think the default Alwil  'Silver Panel' is nicer.....

That's not my skin. I just helped a little to RejZor, by drawing some graphics for avast! dialog interface, but 98% of work was done by RejZor. All credits goes to him and please don't mix those things in the future. Author who gave everything to make some certain skin, deserve to be mentioned when it comes to discussion about his/her skins. OK, he must admit, that I was the only one who really, really pushed him to finish that skin. If he appreciate my help, he should admit it...

Again, Maclover OSX skin was made by RejZor, not me.

Second thing... default skin "Silver Panel" done by Martin Novak is out of this topic. That skin is already "built-in" into standard avast! package, and question here was which one of all those skins created by me should be integrated into standard package. If someone thinks that my skins sucks, it would be great to say that, so I'll know and you won't see any of my skins in standard package. Simple... No one is trying to force anyone, not Alwil nor me... they decided to include one of those skins and I just think it was very thoughtful of them, that's all.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 02:50:25 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2004, 06:31:37 PM »
Here is screenshot from official avast! skins  download page... I think it's almost impossible not to notice the name of the author when you're downloading actual skin...

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2004, 06:34:05 PM »
I would also like to point that RejZoR-Sharp skin was NOT created by me,but by Sasha.
It just carries my name because the skin was dedicated to me.
Ok now i feel better ;D

I still think SZC-KDE (i see many of us agree about this one ; ) or RejZoR-Sharp should ship with avast! (both together would be even better).
I don't know,these two skins are just jumping out of the crowd...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 06:35:01 PM by RejZoR »

conazus

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 06:35:56 PM »
My vote would be for SZC-KDE and RejZor-Sharp as well

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2004, 06:57:28 PM »
I'm sorry people, but it's possible to include just one skin into standard package... why ? They all are pretty large in physical size, I used 24bit color pallete (BMP24)... lack of space is always problem, especially it would be a huge problem for dial-up users. Alwil have to make sure that downloading process goes easy and as fast as it's possible.

I would like if they can put one of mine skins and RejZor's MacLover OSX in standard package, but unfortunately, Vlk said, there will be room only for one additional skin...

I will be happy to see people make up their mind. If they don't want any of mine skins in there, no problems at all. No hard feelings, no one will die  ;D

Btw, SZC-KDE has new face... I changed few minor things that Vlk pointed me to... see screenshot for short list of changes.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 02:47:38 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2004, 07:07:11 PM »
Grrr only one skin... Now i can't make up my mind between RejZoR-Sharp and SZC-KDE,although RejZoR-Sharp uses a bit more system neutral design ???
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 07:08:13 PM by RejZoR »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2004, 07:55:19 PM »
RejZoR-Sharp uses a bit more system neutral design ???

Yeah... Remember we will listen nonsenses again about the weird avast design  :P
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2004, 08:22:24 PM »
Yes, and to be true, I don't give a damn about those. Those people are just jealous, nothing else. It's been proved million of times by now.

If I let those poeple decide what kind of skins I should make, I wouldn't be designer at all. I would be just another slave, saying: "yes master, yes master..."

Well, in this busines things are not working like that. They have great oportunity to choose between all those skins, no one forces them to use them. If they hate them, that's their problem, not mine and I won't listen that crap any more. I never forced anyone to love my skins, so I'm asking them nicely not to tell me what to do. I'm making these skins just because I like to do it, and I like to make avast! users and Alwil team happy. If Alwil says something, I'll change my approach, otherwise, nothing's gonna change. Vlk said once that avast! is different, why shouldn't we make it looks different ?

It's very easy to be designer when someone already finished some skin... after that everyone's clever and everyone thinks that they would do it better... well, SkinBuilder is in there, Photoshop is waiting. What are they waiting for ? Scared maybe ? Yes... because it's much easier to bark, than to do something like that...

Technical, do not worry about those people. Nothing will ever be good enough for them, anyway. Even if you make something perfect, they will find something to complain about. That's in their blood. I know people who are like that, I know them very well...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 08:23:25 PM by S.Z.Craftec »