Author Topic: support  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: support
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 11:09:56 AM »
There used to be a stand alone version.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
Aha, the BCU section has been removed from the forum. That explains it.
I can't even recall seeing a sub-forum for the Browser Clean Up (if that is what your abbreviation means), given that this is an integral component of the main avast program.
Hi Dave, it was a sub-forum of "Avast Additional products" and has been removed a short while ago.
Thanks, just seemed strange that it would be considered an additional product when it is included in all versions.
You're welcome. And (as Eddy mentioned), there's also a standalone version of BCU.
-> https://www.avast.com/browser-cleanup
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 03:13:13 PM »
or someone does not like the topic!
Never known topics to vanish, well, not a few anyway, though I have known them to vanish into the hole in the Internet just when posting!
But not after seeing them posted by a user.
I am an admin on a few boards (fewer now since that scurge Facebook came about) and once on the board the only way they can vanish is if someone deletes them.   ::)

The only possibility that I can think of is a duplicate post/topic being deleted, but that should also be recorded n the logs.

Do you really think that we would mention the fact that there is an anomaly in the post count in the users profile against actual posts, if they were deleted, then there would be an entry in the log/s.

If a post is deleted that action should also reduce the post count of the user and that hasn't happened either.

Yes, it is a bit strange   :-\