Author Topic: Possible to delay updates after login?  (Read 7984 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Possible to delay updates after login?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 08:52:10 PM »
Three radio buttons would work (it's indeed a 3-state selection) but maybe a bit confusing for an average Joe, I'd say... As I said, for the VAST majority of users, there should be no need to change anything - the ping method just works (the only exception is e.g. network environment where the router drops ping (ICMP) packets).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Rick F

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 11:09:55 PM »
The default is to have both unchecked - and this is what actually works for 99% users (maybe more). It detects the connection by using PINGs.
Having nothing selected worked for me until this latest version (4.7.827).  Then I was getting the red 'pop-up' error message "an error occurred while tying to update". Evidently  avast wasn't waiting long enough after boot up to check for updates.  It was checking while my firewall (ZAP) was still loading.  "Tech" advised me in change my ini file to wait for 60 seconds and adding 'always connected' tick to correct this problem.  Now it's working just great.  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 01:08:12 AM »
"Tech" advised me in change my ini file to wait for 60 seconds and adding 'always connected' tick to correct this problem.  Now it's working just great.  ;D
Glad I could help and thanks Vlk for the 'inside' explanation  8)
The best things in life are free.