Author Topic: Host Intrusion Prevention System  (Read 63635 times)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: Host Intrusion Prevention System
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
Listen...........Yes other countries make less income per capita. Thats not my point. What happens with most cases is that people call you saying my computer has crashed. You tell them that there HDD is failed and all there stored photos and documents are GONE. They say "What?" Then you reply "Dont you have anything backed up?". They always say "No". Thats my point. In today's world where most people store things on there computer you need a way to back that stuff up.

agreed, so why did the fact that u can make $89 in one hour have any relevance to making that point?
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Dieselman

« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »
Its a joke. Laugh. HaHaHa. Stop taking everything so serious. Notice the LOL in my first word.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »
Its a joke. Laugh. HaHaHa. Stop taking everything so serious. Notice the LOL in my first word.

I noticed the LOL - you made fun of other people's misery.

Side note: their <> there
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline gautam7

« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
Ok coming back to topic I Have been using OA for some time and i felt like HIPS is beyond me and its really annoying. And since avasts BS is still an work in progress and its having problem with fake av ( there are many report in the forum) i think i will solely rely on winpatrol to alert me of system modification. One thing i really liked about this software is that it only alerts when it really matters and its plus info really help to decide if i need to allow or block.  :)
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Dieselman

« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
Any HIPS is annoying. WinPatrol is good but you can use Autruns and Process Explorer also. I always know whats running on my pc.

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »

I noticed the LOL - you made fun of other people's misery.

Side note: their <> there

Only if you take it that way.

well thats the way i took it as well considering in context grammatically by putting it before ur statement ur laughing at the statement that ur replying to, and throwing in the fact that u make $89 in an hour to justify urself into laughing at the other persons post. and i dont even understand how telling someone how much money u make would be considered funny in any way, if it was a joke it was a terrible one at that.
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »
Hey guys, we all already know how much some of us earn an hour, so please return to the topic or else we would have to close the thread as exhausted.

lukor.

umbrapolaris

« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2011, 06:22:04 PM »
for me:

Behavior Blocker:  do the job for me ! coz im lazy or i have something else to do more important than clicking pop-ups.

HIPS: i have absolute control !  coz i want to know everything happening to my system.

i think it is easy to understand enough ^^